Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop specs confusing

Options
  • 05-10-2007 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking at Dell Laptops and i particular Vostros

Clicking on the 1400 series, the spec popup mentions Bluetooth so I assume they carry Bluetooth built in as standard. Then when I go to build an order, Bluetooth is not included in price and I have to add a bluetooth option which adds to the cost.

When it comes to cameras - what does "Matte Jet Black without Camera" mean?
    Whats the "Matte Jet Black" bit about? Are they talking about the paint n the body of the laptop? if so - what does this have to do with a camera?

thanks ppl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

KStaford wrote:
    Hi folks

Looking at Dell Laptops and i particular Vostros

Clicking on the 1400 series, the spec popup mentions Bluetooth so I assume they carry Bluetooth built in as standard. Then when I go to build an order, Bluetooth is not included in price and I have to add a bluetooth option which adds to the cost.

The Vostro's do indeed come with bluetooth, but you need to add it in... (Definitely worth it, I have bluetooth in my Vostro 1500, dead handy...)
    KStaford wrote:
    When it comes to cameras - what does "Matte Jet Black without Camera" mean?
    Whats the "Matte Jet Black" bit about? Are they talking about the paint n the body of the laptop? if so - what does this have to do with a camera?

thanks ppl

The Matte Jet Black refers to the outside cover of the laptop itself, as you're going with a Vostro you can only choose black. You then have the option then of taking an integrated web cam or not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

thank u

Advertisement