Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG TV - is it dead?

Options
  • 09-09-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

We have an LG 37" tv that is about 7 years old now and yesterday evening it just refused to come on. The power is fine in that the red light comes on but it won't turn on (either via the on-off button to the side or via remote). Would a tv just "die" like that or does anyone have any clue what might have caused this or how to get it sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I suspect the power unit is shagged. Realistically it's unlikely to be an economic repair when you consider that a new model will come with at least 12 months guarantee and that's even if you can find someone to have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Thanks yeah, we're pretty much resigned to replacing it alright, just thought there might be something we could check as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

did you ever get this repaired???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

massy086 wrote: »

See post #8 in this thread (link below). I see Fingal TV in Swords also recommended in another thread. Know nothing about any of them but as they're so thin on the ground you probably won't have much choice...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057263120

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

massy086 wrote: »

No I never did. I gave it away via Jumbletown and got a cracking deal off the guys over on Richer Sounds to replace it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement