Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching network, any recommendations?

Options
  • 29-06-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Currently on 3 (formerly an O2 customer) and my tale of woe is the same as many I've seen repeated here. Dropped calls, non-existent coverage, and lots and lots of Edge connectivity (if I'm lucky), even in big towns. Been into 3 shops and talked to the staff about it, but the response is usually to restart the phone, followed by a shrug and a suggestion that I wait for another month and it'll be fine. Really though, the network is getting worse, and the staff don't want to talk about it.

So, I'm looking to switch. I usually make 1-2 hours of calls a month, use maybe 5g of data, and rarely send more than 200 texts a month. I'm looking for reliability and coverage, as my work takes me up and down the west coast and at the very least I need to be able to make calls and send texts in places like Kerry, Clare, Mayo and Donegal, and it'd be nice to have enough data to get my emails too. If the network has half-competent customer support, that'd be great too.

Currently looking at deals from Meteor and Vodafone - anyone got any horror stories about the coverage / quality of either network? Or positive experiences too...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Hi,

Here's my twopence worth.

For phone use, Vodafone is pretty poor around Mayo. I am in rural Mayo and i commute via Galway and there are alot of black spots with no coverage. Alot of rural Mayo has poor vodafone coverage.

I would have thought Three was the best choice, as i have Three as my broadband provider and its fairly decent except for occasional drop in connection.

/B

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

I be interested in hearing how people get on with tesco mobile prepay. I finding three service lacking, because I was happy with my prepay bundle from 02 and transfer over fine but now there starting to change it in sneaky ways if I dont happen to have it topped up on time sometimes they say you can get your same deal but pay fiver more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

I'm considering changing from three also.
    Am I right in thinking that only three, Vodafone and meteor offer 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Brego888 wrote: »
    I'm considering changing from three also.
    Am I right in thinking that only three, Vodafone and meteor offer 4g?

eMobile also have 4G. It is the same network as Meteor and has much better 4G coverage than 3. With eMobile you can get bundles that include eFibre/Broadband, eVision TV and phone, whereas Meteor is mobile only and offers best value on Pre-pay. There are significant discounts if you are in a position to bundle your services. Both eMobile and Meteor have excellent roaming deals also.

Advertisement