Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graceland [USA Network - US]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

New trailer, gonna pass on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,497 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hope they have Aaron Tveit singing in it :p

USA Network is giving viewers a chance to visit Graceland ahead of its scheduled June 6 premiere. The new drama’s debut installment will be made available via most cable providers’ video-on-demand service from April 29 to May 12 - Source TV Line

Did anyone watch the pilot for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    thought it was last night says june 6th, but there seem to be no sign of it, odd to have the show on a friday, i thought theyd pair it with white collar on wednesdays seeing as suits and covert affairs got paired up on tuesdays,

don ramo wrote: »
    thought it was last night says june 6th, but there seem to be no sign of it, odd to have the show on a friday, i thought theyd pair it with white collar on wednesdays seeing as suits and covert affairs got paired up on tuesdays,

Yes start date was the 6th which I thought I was still in :o;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was on last night. I watched the first 10 minutes of it this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was an okay first episode. Just set up.

Charlie looks like she's on drugs even when she's not undercover and supposedly Serinda Swan is taking over from Lauren from episode 2 on.

Will try another couple of episodes to see where they go with it since I like White Collar.

Yeah I liked it too. Took a while to get going, but nice setup for the season. Good soundtrack too.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Charlie looks like she's on drugs even when she's not undercover and supposedly Serinda Swan is taking over from Lauren from episode 2 on.

Da fuc?.....Serinda Swan did the SAME thing on Breakout Kings....:eek: , after the pilot with Nicole Steinwedell playing Philly [who was way hotter btw] they rolled out bitch face Swan to replace her :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

I watched the pilot last night. Pretty impressed. It was mainly setup but the last 25 minutes got it going and I generally like what I saw. Looking forward to episode 2 now. Nice to see something else from Jeff Eastin.

During episode 2 I was thinking Didn't this happen in the first episode of The Shield with the cop being planted on the team, and then we get that ending.

Da fuc?.....Serinda Swan did the SAME thing on Breakout Kings....:eek: , after the pilot with Nicole Steinwedell playing Philly [who was way hotter btw] they rolled out bitch face Swan to replace her :rolleyes:

Richard you have serious issues when it comes to women. You repeatedly use derogatory terms to describe women and tbh it comes across as quite pathetic and nasty for the sake of it.

Anyways watching the pilot and rather enjoying it. It's an interesting set up with a great cast and strong writing making it the perfect summer fare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that scar travelled on his forehead

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Really enjoying what I've seen so far, hoping for more good stuff to follow :)

I'm enjoying it more and more! This week's episode just flew by! No filler, just all out entertainment. I'm really looking forward to next week!

Arrgh!.....i cant watch this!!!....bloody bitchy face Serinda Swan.....:mad:

Seriously? What'd she do to you?

I bet that if a poster in here called you a bitch face you would be quick to report them. There is absolutely no need for such derogatory remarks, it makes you look like a sad, pathetic individual who has serious issues with the opposite sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Change the record Rich..

6YEq5z.jpg

If you dislike her that much Rich, then just don't watch the show. Personally I barely noticed her addition. It hasn't detracted from a great show for me!

this has some of the excessive smugness that i dislike about the csi series

Really enjoying this show. I'm getting a definite Shield vibe from it.

i get 90210 vibe and this week vampire who's eyes glow when they take drugs, i mean wtf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have to say I'm enjoying this, multiple plots along with loads of scope for case of the week type episodes.

I agree that it was worth it. :)

After 7 episodes....yay or nay? - renewed or cancelled?

think I've seen 6 but it's a slow enough start but is building nicely. I'd say Renew seeing as if Burn Notice got 7 seasons and it's not half as interesting, this deserves another season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    think I've seen 6 but it's a slow enough start but is building nicely. I'd say Renew seeing as if Burn Notice got 7 seasons and it's not half as interesting, this deserves another season!
    this has been builing up in the background for me all season, watched the first episode and thought it was ok, just havent had a chance to watch it, now im gonna wait for a season 2 renewal before id decide to start watching,

looking at the ratings it looks like cancellation, this is just about getting 2 million viewers an episode, whereas with other shows on USA like White Collar, Covert Affairs, Suits and Burn Notice all were in the high 3 million figures in their first season, not a good sign, they should have held it back till september and aired it with white collar rather than a show like burn notice which is on the way out,

After 7 episodes....yay or nay? - renewed or cancelled?

I hope renewed

One thing I've noticed about this series compared to other USA shows is that this one is much more serialized.

Oh, and are they making out Briggs is actually Odin or is he just pretending to be since they couldn't get the real Odin to show?

He's the pretend Odin since the real one didn't show up. Necessity is the mother of invention here!

Marje wrote: »

Graceland will start on Universal 27th September at 9pm

Renewed

:)

didn't think it would make it....but good onye!

• Advertisement

some silly things in it, but its pretty good, especially the later episodes

Well, that wrapped things up nicely. So Mike, Jakes and Paige are the only ones who know the truth? Well the 3 know about Briggs killing and think Mike's the only one who suspects he's Odin. But looks like be a fresh start next season with Mike getting a reason to return to Graceland.
    Not sure what the guys will do with that tape though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Just watched and finished season01 over the last 2 days.

Pretty good, not breaking bad type good but I've watched far worse.

All wrapped up at the end - wonder how season02 will play out with the tape tho. Wasn't expecting that!

Brianna Brown has a recurring gig as FBI officer Juan Badillo’s widowed wife

• Advertisement

what an incredibly bad plan that guy had at the end of the last season, approach
    a drunk armed person dressed as their mortal enemy

WTF Paige, is Mike really dead?

Any news on a Season 3 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,885 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    WTF Paige, is Mike really dead?

Any news on a Season 3 yet?

Looks good for season 3.

But maybe
    Not Mike
    “We don’t open season 3 in a hospital,” he dished. “We open season 3 with Charlie and Jakes getting ready for some kind of event and Jakes can’t find his black tie and both of them are in really s-–ty moods. They could be getting ready for a funeral or they could be getting ready for something else.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/graceland-finale-shocker-did-aaron-tveit-mike-warren-die-2014119

Doubt he's dead. The cliffhanger was very well done though. The whole finale was great actually. The framing of Mike in Mexico was very clever, I didn't see that coming.

This is a great summer show - it's shame more people aren't watching it.

I watched both seasons so far. I agree the setup in Mexico was pretty great and the last few episodes really stepped up but I find a lot of the show to be a bit meh. I think White Collar is infinitely more watchable. I do hope they've the balls to move on from Mike. I know they were drawing a parallel between Mike and Briggs this season but I thought Briggs is much more interesting.

Yeah, that's probably fair. It really didn't pick up this season until episode 7 or 8. Still perfectly watchable up to that point, though.

squonk wrote: »
    I watched both seasons so far. I agree the setup in Mexico was pretty great and the last few episodes really stepped up but I find a lot of the show to be a bit meh. I think White Collar is infinitely more watchable. I do hope they've the balls to move on from Mike. I know they were drawing a parallel between Mike and Briggs this season but I thought Briggs is much more interesting.

I agree Briggs is the more interesting character and best in the show imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
Advertisement