Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louie (FX)

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Simply one of the greatest ever episodes of the show; let's hope the rest of the season is just as good...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Louie' Season 5 Premiere Recap: Up All Night to Get Potlucky
    New York Observer
    great headline

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just watched episode 1 of the new season. Incredible, still giggling to myself here.

South America.
    Penguin.
    And the angry lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I loved the first three seasons. One of the funniest shows I've ever seen, and he's possibly the funniest standup I've ever watched.

But I have to say that the new episodes, for me, aren't that great. I'm surprised that anyone's finding them to be particularly good. The two so far have left me feeling bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Jesus H Christ, that latest episode...

Nightmares.

Excellent episode though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That feckin thing in the nightmares made me jump once or twice. Great episode, particularly the montage type thing at the end.

Also, If i recall correctly, that bit about stealing the joke, that is probably inspired by the episode of comedians in cars getting coffee that he guested on. I think he talks to Jerry about that.

Excellent show that keeps getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That feckin thing in the nightmares made me jump once or twice. Great episode, particularly the montage type thing at the end.

Also, If i recall correctly, that bit about stealing the joke, that is probably inspired by the episode of comedians in cars getting coffee that he guested on. I think he talks to Jerry about that.

Excellent show that keeps getting better.

The song is pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

evilivor wrote: »
    The song is pretty amazing.

completely forgot about the song, I had zoned out and wasn't really listening and just caught the end of it as the credits began to roll.
    Thanks for the reminder on that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Watched first 3 episodes. Bored the tits off me

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Steve King

I tried this show twice and gave up both times after a couple of episodes, not really getting the whole hype about it. But in the past week I decided to give it one more shot and Im now upto episode 7 and enjoying it much more this time around.

The main reason for giving it a last go was that Im a huge fan of his standup work and have seen all his specials numerous times. So even if the other stuff in the show isnt always 100%, the standup segments are and they're mostly new material to me.

Is it a show that improves in quality season on season?

Advertisement