Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen phone, what should I do?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

My phone was stolen last night, I had Android Lost installed on it but the phone is off so this is no good; also google device manager can't track it. It's coming up device unavailable. I assume it's because the phone is switched off.

I called my network provider this morning and got the sim suspended and blocked the IMEI code.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I report it to the Guards? Can the IMEI number be tracked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

MooShop wrote: »
    My phone was stolen last night, I had Android Lost installed on it but the phone is off so this is no good; also google device manager can't track it. It's coming up device unavailable. I assume it's because the phone is switched off.

I called my network provider this morning and got the sim suspended and blocked the IMEI code.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I report it to the Guards? Can the IMEI number be tracked?
    What phone is it? if its worth more than 400 euros I would do it.
    Where was the phone stolen? maybe they can check the camera.
    If its a cheap phone it takes more than its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭MooShop

Asmooh wrote: »
    What phone is it? if its worth more than 400 euros I would do it.
    Where was the phone stolen? maybe they can check the camera.
    If its a cheap phone it takes more than its worth

Not sure of the current market value. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4, it was taken from the gym at UL. I might ask them to look at the cameras but I'm too sure if they'd help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

MooShop wrote: »
    Not sure of the current market value. It's a Samsung Galaxy S4, it was taken from the gym at UL. I might ask them to look at the cameras but I'm too sure if they'd help me out.
    Hmm, not worth much but enough for asking about it, I would ask them for camera proof, maybe the person is stealing from more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭MooShop

Asmooh wrote: »
    Hmm, not worth much but enough for asking about it, I would ask them for camera proof, maybe the person is stealing from more people.

Yeah maybe. It's worth asking them anyway I guess. I'm really annoyed with myself, I'm usually so careful with stuff like phone and wallet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Really blacklisting is the worst thing you can do early on. Now if they turn it on it wont connect and you have no hope of tracking it, and if its recovered is still totally useless (in Ireland). Really you should only do it after a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement