Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Pay as You Go network?

Options
  • 19-05-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

I need a basic no-frills Pay as You Go account. No data requirements, just calls/text.

So no monthly top-ups or contracts, etc.

Who has the cheapest deal going at the mo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Should have mentioned, it will need to be a new number as well. Thanks

I think Tesco has it... €5 min top up and free sim.

Thought they only handled switched accounts rather than new numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Try Lyca , free sim , €5- gets you €6 credit +25 free mins + 1 month's data, calls 19c to mobile and 3c landline.

pjq wrote: »
    Try Lyca , free sim , €5- gets you €6 credit +25 free mins + 1 month's data, calls 19c to mobile and 3c landline.

Cheers, but already opted for Tesco (had to get the SIM pretty urgently)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Have a look at http://moolamonkey.com for a list of prices. They would give you a better understanding of what you exactly need.
    Some of the eMobile plans may work for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'm with 48 (Guido €10/month) and am pretty happy with it so far, but I have a ****load of accumulated Tesco clubcard vouchers and I'm half thinking of switching to Tesco just to use them up. Am I right in thinking I can get unlimited calls & texts (all networks) & 1GB data for €5/month by doing this?

1. Use €5 Clubcard credit to buy €15 top-up
    2. Topping up by €15 gives me unlimited calls and I keep the €15 credit to buy add-ons.
    3. Use €10 to buy unlimited texts and the other €5 to buy 1GB data
    4. Spend the €5 I just saved on hookers and cocaine. (Not really)

Does anyone do this? Does it work smoothly/isn't too much hassle each month? (Having the Guido on autorenew is very handy, I have to admit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Does anyone know anyone on the Lyca network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Applause
    Love game
    Schiebe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

efb wrote: »
    Does anyone know anyone on the Lyca network?

I was but had a seriously bad experience with them. The worst company I have ever dealt with. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 hightide

Anyone advise, I want to change from Vodafone. Current Deal €20 for free calls ,Texts to vodafone for 30 days, Wanted to change to Post Phone, €20 unlimited calls texts to any network, 30 days, Im using "Samsung galaxy S3 Mini" I need to unlock this phone Vodafone sent me unlock code, Someone told me to insert new sim and phone will ask for code ? Is this how it works Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I don't know if you got this rectified, but that will suffice.
    There is instructions on the Vodafone website regarding unlocking if you've issues, or just Google Search your phone model and unlocking instructions.

Best of luck!

Advertisement