Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quija board

Options
  • 16-03-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

just wondering what kind of experiences people have had with the board good or bad? have people used them for trying to communicate with something they may already had in the house and has it made things worse?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I'd not touch one TBH. The fact that you write the word "some THING" should be enough to answer your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

A guy I know did it when we were teenagers. He never said what happened but he became a devout Catholic the next day and has been ever since.

Given that Hasbro popularised them, I'm sure they're fine, but would never go near one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I have used them twice but nothing happened. I would I suppose respect them though as in say a opening and closing script or prayer and the word of mouth about not using it in your own home I would always go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i dont understand why people will go to a location and 'call out' for some kind of spirit contact but yet not use an ouija board. technically its the same thing surely? an ouija board is just an object used to focus intention through - same as a franks box or any other other useless 'paranormal' gadget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 geniemac881

well, group did the board in a house that already had activity , nothing too major happened alot of silly answers etc just to scare really .. was wondering more than anything if it could have made activity worse, there was some kind of protection said before and a closing script said after, during the board they took a break and didnt close it then and during that time someone seen something lying in the occupants bed middle ways like a child would

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

They are a toy. They have even appeared on "The Walton". If you are spooked out, or believe you have ever seen a ghost, or feel you have been haunted or cursed, I would avoid. Otherwise you will have a laugh with it, or nothing will happen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I would suggest, try to see the episode of Brain Games ( paranormal) Explains very well how these boards work and about paranormal experiences in general. Their explanations are a lot more believable than ghosts and spirits etc.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I would suggest, try to see the episode of Brain Games ( paranormal) Explains very well how these boards work and about paranormal experiences in general. Their explanations are a lot more believable than ghosts and spirits etc.

As true as that is, theres plenty of paranormal experiences that sit outside the parameters of the explanations. Its a little bit from A and a little bit from B if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

If you use the search function in Paranormal forum you will finds loads of threads going back a good few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I used to play with them when I was younger, the trick to not being haunted by ghosts and spirits is to no believe in that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

It's a piece of wood. You might get a splinter, that's about the height of it.

I tried one once. The next day i had sex. Coincidence ?

Do more Ouija boards then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah there's usually spirits involved when i have sex too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Im guilty there as charged, but done table tipping and the glass!
    maccored wrote: »
    i dont understand why people will go to a location and 'call out' for some kind of spirit contact but yet not use an ouija board. technically its the same thing surely? an ouija board is just an object used to focus intention through - same as a franks box or any other other useless 'paranormal' gadget.

Im guilty there as charged, but done table tipping and the glass!

Dont start me on the franks box - lets bring a radio and then get all exited when we hear a voice from it ... that doesn't make sense to me.

The ouija board gets a bad rap if you ask me. Using a board to apparently 'invite' a spirit to communicate is really the same as people 'calling out', yet many wont do the former but will gladly do the latter - even though it has always been a game board.

And then theres 'full spectrum cameras'. If the person who first researched and introduced the idea of those cameras comes out and says that the two spectrums of light, according to his research, that seem to limit any kind of apparent paranormal occurrences are infrared and ultra-violet, but yet people go out an buy a so called 'full spectrum' device that in fact only has those two spectrums (plus normal video) - then thats just stupidity in motion. You normally find people who have franks boxes also usually have full spectrum cameras. Pity 'paranormal research' has now reached the stage where the 'researchers' dont even research the gadgets they use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

maccored wrote: »
    Dont start me on the franks box - lets bring a radio and then get all exited when we hear a voice from it ... that doesn't make sense to me.

The ouija board gets a bad rap if you ask me. Using a board to apparently 'invite' a spirit to communicate is really the same as people 'calling out', yet many wont do the former but will gladly do the latter - even though it has always been a game board.

And then theres 'full spectrum cameras'. If the person who first researched and introduced the idea of those cameras comes out and says that the two spectrums of light, according to his research, that seem to limit any kind of apparent paranormal occurrences are infrared and ultra-violet, but yet people go out an buy a so called 'full spectrum' device that in fact only has those two spectrums (plus normal video) - then thats just stupidity in motion. You normally find people who have franks boxes also usually have full spectrum cameras. Pity 'paranormal research' has now reached the stage where the 'researchers' dont even research the gadgets they use.

Forget those, the ghost hunting app for phones is where the real science is......:o

Myrddin wrote: »
    Forget those, the ghost hunting app for phones is where the real science is......:o

I was actually on an investigation where we sat around one of these things and listened to the words being spun out of it. When I pointed out the idiocy of the situation i was told "yeah but the spirits are telling the phone what to say" ...

... Yeah. The spirits of a simple random word generator ...

Surprisingly Riamfada never did many investigations again after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Yeah, we had someone who tagged along with our team try to use the apps thingy last year. We let the person try it out at Ducketts Grove, out of mild curiosity. Nada , nothing but bells and whistles… Think one of yee good gentlemen met the person in question with the app at one of our social meetups in Dublin and …. never came back … ooopps … sorry … :-) Anyhow, needless to say Im not a big fan of the 'ghost apps' and thankfully I dont see it on investigations any more … but think it is an experience alright to see it (ghost app) in action first … then poo poo it ..
    Riamfada wrote: »
    I was actually on an investigation where we sat around one of these things and listened to the words being spun out of it. When I pointed out the idiocy of the situation i was told "yeah but the spirits are telling the phone what to say" ...

... Yeah. The spirits of a simple random word generator ...

Surprisingly Riamfada never did many investigations again after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Myotherworld

Hi lads I've just joined boards. I'm into all this stuff. It's a simple as this. The board is supposed to be a way to opening up to another side, another world another energy field, and the problem is people who have no experience are at risk. It's like giving a baby a scissors. It's dangerous. If they start using It they could get hurt, but if they do nothing with it they're probably grand. The scissors itself does no harm. It can be put to good use by some one who knows what they're at.

Advertisement