Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrigaline commute to Cork city centre

Options
  • 04-02-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I recently moved to Carrigaline, have recently been offer a job (9-5.30) in city centre (Patricks Hill), what is the best route to drive to and from work? Does anyone take the bus from Carrigaline around 8am, is it reliable etc? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

i live in carrigaline and work on Tramore rd. I always give myself at least 45mins, most days im early and i always just about make it if there are any delays along the way. For city centre 45 mins to an hour should do it easily. The park and ride on the kinsale rd is handy too and cheap if your driving 5 days a week.....been a while since i bused it, was always packed and late when i was in college,doubt anythings changed since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

Number of routes.

1. You can take the Rinaskiddy to Cork road which leads directly onto the South Ring Road. From there, go to the Kinsale Roundabout and take the South Link Road to the City centre.

2. Go through Douglas from the Ringaskiddy to Cork road. This I would not advise.

3. Take the back road from Carrigtowhill to Ballygarvan. Before Ballygarvan, turn right. This road will bring you out at the Airport round about. Proceed down airport hill. Turn left at signpost for Togher. Proceed through Togher to City Centre. (A bit on the long side)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

1 is your best, but that road (N28) is often jammed, especially the roundabout near Carrigaline :)
    2 yes that is suicide :D
    3 Do you mean Carriagaline instead of Carrigtwohill ;) Bit of a diversion there :D Those roads are good during the summer but are a nightmare during the winter due to ice, no centre lines, blinding lights from other cars, bends etc etc. Boreens basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lledar

Thank you all for you comments. It does seem that there is no quick way whichever route. I have been told as well since posting that getting onto the South Ring Road to Kinsale r'about is the best route, approximately what time does the traffic at Shannonvale roundabout start building eg if I leave Carrigaline around 7.50am, is it very busy then? Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

If you can, do a trial run or two before you start work. That way you'll know. I'd reckon there will be a delay at Shannonvale at that time, but I dont live in Carrigaline so I dont know how long it might be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement