Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Wexford

Options
  • 06-05-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

I know threads like this must pop up but hopefully you can help!

Myself, fiancé and our baby are looking to move from Dublin to Wexford later this year for work and we're stumped as to where is a good area.

We don't have an enormous budget but are looking for a safe, friendly area that isn't remote and has enough that myself and baby can get around and entertain ourselves during the day. My fiancé drives but I don't so once he's in work I need to be able to get around easily.

We're looking at Kilmuckridge, Castlebridge, Enniscorthy and Wexford town so would love any sort of input on where is nice and will make the transition from Dublin to Wexford a success!

Thanks in advance😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I know threads like this must pop up but hopefully you can help!

Myself, fiancé and our baby are looking to move from Dublin to Wexford later this year for work and we're stumped as to where is a good area.

We don't have an enormous budget but are looking for a safe, friendly area that isn't remote and has enough that myself and baby can get around and entertain ourselves during the day. My fiancé drives but I don't so once he's in work I need to be able to get around easily.

We're looking at Kilmuckridge, Castlebridge, Enniscorthy and Wexford town so would love any sort of input on where is nice and will make the transition from Dublin to Wexford a success!

Thanks in advance😀

Wexford town is probably your best bet,decent shopping,entertainment and local bus link to get around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

The better places to live would be around 3-5 miles outside the town. I'd seriously consider learning to drive. Shopping, schools, sporting activities for the kids etc kinda demands it.

Barntown, Castlebridge, Crossabeg, Killurin, Drinagh, Newtown Road, Piercestown worth a look

Plenty of good (and bad) housing estates in Wexford if you prefer to be a townie

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

I've just moved down to Wexford recently from Dublin and I love it. It's a much better quality of life, more easy going and everyone is so friendly. We looked at houses in Wexford town, enniscorthy and out to kilmuckridge. My advise would be to go for somewhere between Castlebridge and Kilmuckridge. I found that there are some beautiful houses around kilmuckridge blackwater and Castlebridge at good prices. If your renting between €600 - €750 per month for lovely places. Enniscorthy I thought was the worst some places were very poor and Wexford town had some nice spots and some terrible spots. I would recommend learning to drive and getting s cheap little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

It would depend on ur partners work. We only moved here last October We are in Ardamine near Gorey it is beautiful here near the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chiurce

Castlebridge or Wexford. Further than Castlebridge is becoming remote. Drinagh (on way to rosslare) is also good area. Around Wexford, whiterock and mulgannon are nice. Wexford is a nice town but like all towns there is good and bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

chiurce wrote: »
    Castlebridge or Wexford. Further than Castlebridge is becoming remote. Drinagh (on way to rosslare) is also good area. Around Wexford, whiterock and mulgannon are nice. Wexford is a nice town but like all towns there is good and bad.

Agree with the above. And I'm born and bred Wexford town.

Advertisement