Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is moving back to Tipp a bad idea?

Options
  • 30-03-2015 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

WHats the job situation like there? I've been away for the best part of a decade. I was thinking of renting an apartment in Templemore or Thurles.

A friend of mine got a job in Abbott and said things have picked up a lot there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Paddico

William F wrote: »
    WHats the job situation like there? I've been away for the best part of a decade. I was thinking of renting an apartment in Templemore or Thurles.

A friend of mine got a job in Abbott and said things have picked up a lot there.

Depends where your moving from really.
    I love going home but I would struggle to settle back in Tipp myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

Paddico wrote: »
    Depends where your moving from really.
    I love going home but I would struggle to settle back in Tipp myself

Why's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Paddico

Why's that?

Too quite and too lonely.
    I shouldn't say its just Tipp, its an Ireland thing in general.
    If I was to move back it would be Tipp for me for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Different strokes for different folks. Depends on your priorities.
    If money motivates you I think Dublin is the place to be, followed by the cities.
    Living in places like tipp has pros and cons.
    Pros, no traffic, cheaper costs like gym and cinema, accomodation closer to family

Cons poor social life, less opportunities professionally. Nosy neighbours!

Tough call, follow your heart and you'll make the right decision guaranteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Don't move a muscle before you check out daft.ie/Tipperary/Thurles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Abbott in Clonmel is about 40 min drive each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Abbott in Clonmel is about 40 min drive each way.

40 minutes from Thurles? Not quite :D You want about an hour From Thurles To Clonmel. An hour and 15/20 from Templemore. Tipperary has all the problems listed but Traffic wise, It's quite a bit busier than it would have been around 10/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

If you want to apply for work in the likes of Abbott you'd be much better off living in clonmel, cashel or cahir. Thurles is at least 45 mins and you'd need to give yourself an hour to allow for getting caught behind tractors etc. Btw there is a state of the art pharma plant in cashel that has just been sold, having been closed for a number of years. The new owners will be using it as their European base so there should surely be opportunities there in the near future.

Advertisement