Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy Power paying out on Chelsea.

• 21-11-2014 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Just read in the Indo that PP are already paying out on Chelsea to win the EPL.

They got stung with this before, can't believe they're taking the risk again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Probably right but very, very early?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Fabregas and/or Costa get injured (likely due to their respective histories with injuries) and anything can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

This is crazy if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

This may be a silly question, but was the advatange for the bookie to pay out early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

This may be a silly question, but was the advatange for the bookie to pay out early?

The only way I can see it is promotion for the company, since you going have to pay out anyway at least this way people will be talking about paddypower .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

if paddypower gives you your future winnings today he is certain to get some if not all of the money back from the punter over the long run......he can't get your winnings back off you if its lying in his account.........it is certainly not for the punters benefit that paddys paying out early.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

they paid me 5000 euros the other day

they called me up.i don't kow how they got my phone number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

im restricted and so wasnt paid out. shop bets werent paid out either which explains why only 400k was paid out. pp will have most of that back by xmas no doubt. theres a reason they only payout to those they deem "desired customers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

braddun wrote: »

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

braddun wrote: »

Dots1982 wrote: »
    :confused:

He might of got his decimals mixed up at it was 5.00 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Fair play to them, Chelsea are generally 1-6 now anyways and it would take a complete meltdown for them not to win it now considering they have been to all the tough away games like Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City. The league is as good as over so it saves the advertising dept a few quid as this is what it is - advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ndez

City have gathered a nice momentum. Only 6 points between them. Still long way to go. Would be hilarious if they finish first come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

ndez wrote: »
    City have gathered a nice momentum. Only 6 points between them. Still long way to go. Would be hilarious if they finish first come May.

Doesnt really matter to a company as big as PP, its basically an advertising cost anyways and ironically if Chelsea didnt win it it would be the best advertising they could get

• Registered Users Posts: 11 roundandround

With Aguero out for the busy festive period, I expect Chelsea to increase their lead at the top of the table.

PP done such thing in the past. I remember them paying out on Arsenal in 2002-2003, only for Gunners to bottle the in spectacular fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

With Aguero out for the busy festive period, I expect Chelsea to increase their lead at the top of the table.

PP done such thing in the past. I remember them paying out on Arsenal in 2002-2003, only for Gunners to bottle the in spectacular fashion.

But it's probably cheaper Then advertising as they get publicity for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Advertising or not it's making their judgement look silly,never seen a more premature overreaction to a league winner in November

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

seanhynes wrote: »
    Advertising or not it's making their judgement look silly,never seen a more premature overreaction to a league winner in November

That's the whole point though. They've clearly judged that they can afford to be wrong and the benefit outweighs the the cost. They lost more on Tiger Woods losing to Yang, they got F1 wrong before (I think it was Hamiliton losing to Kimi) and they're still willing to do it.
    They're clearly happy for us to think their "judgement looks silly".

Advertisement