Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winbacks and eircom

Options
  • 20-02-2004 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

It seems that one of the biggest reasons for people going back to eircom is the two bill scenario. One way to deal with this would be to educate them in advance of changing in the first place. Would it be possible to somehow let the defector know in detail what to expect so that when the winback call comes, they are prepared and have resigned themselves to the two bills?
    This should be a thing of the past by March 1 anyway but I wanted to mention it.

Next, on the subject of the winback calls, misrepresentation, lies and so on. I got a letter from eircom which they were 'required to send' to make sure I agreed to the change in service to Smart Telecom. This of course is in their interests to send.
    How about either eircom or the new provider being required to send information including winbacks and in particular, the three month cooling off period. That way, if you get the call or the ring on the doorbell before three months is up, you can happily tell them where to go.
    It could also educate people as to the different issues around call pricing so that they can recognise a line of bullsh1t when it is dealt out.
    It wouldn't rid the country of all the problems but it would help in some cases.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

If people can't be bothered weigh up the advantages of switching from one provider to another and are easily swayed by winback calls, one has to ask, "why bother?"

Sure, if more people switched to other resellers of Eircom there would be more profits for the resellers (and possibly more resellers), but how does this lead to better services overall?

I know that winback calls are a major grievance for the OAO's but we need to differentiate between their interests and our's.

Note: this is a separate issue to the fraudulant forging of signatures mentioned on another thread which needs to be dealt with by the Guards.

Advertisement