Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Wireless Domonial system - how to switch?

Options
  • 17-12-2014 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been looking for an alternative monitoring company who could take over my wireless smart system Domonial installed by Phonewatch.
    All of the companies I found have told me that they couldn't take over this new wireless system (the one with the cameras) except for one company. They told me I needed to get the programming code (unlocking code?) from PhoneWatch.
    If I can get it from PhoneWatch, this other company will be able to take over the monitoring service.
    I have been reading that PhoneWatch will not give any codes out for security reasons.
    Could anyone here help me out, advise what to do next?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Unless your contract with them states other wise then all that equipment is belonging to you and legally they cannot prevent you from doing as you wish with it.
    With regard to the system code or engineer code as we call it. Most companies have a single engineer code programmed into all of the systems which they have installed. I am sure you can appreciate the damage that could be done if such a code got into the public realm.

As you have probably noticed here on the older Phonewatch panels there is no issue whatsoever in getting this code as it is part of your customer number with them. Hopefully that is still the case. Being honest I do not know because AFAIK you are the first person on here with this query for that system.

You are very lucky to have found another monitoring company that can receive the signals from it, that is a big positive.

I know I am not really of much assistance but if you PM Altor or KoolKid, they might be able to help you out with regard to that code.

Advertisement