Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fta

• 20-05-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I would like to try out an FTA card, whats the best way to acquire one. I am using a sky box at present but am moving house and would like to try something different.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

'FTA Card' is a contradiction in terms. If something is broadcasting FTA (Free To Air), why would you need a card?

Maybe you mean FTV (Free To View), where a channel is encrypted but a card is provided free of charge to a resident of its intended target area.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, to answer your question, jofus, your best bet is having a relation/friend in UK/NI. If so, you can have a card sent to their address at a cost of UK£20. Then when they get the card, they can forward it to you, stick it in your digibox (ensure phoneline isn't connected) and call Sky (block your number first) to get the card activated. Ensure of course when you ring, that you are using your relative/friend's address. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jofus

Apologies for misplaced ftv. Thanks for help. I am thinking of ending sky sub, and was looking for alternatives. It's a pity we have to resort to cloak and dagger to simply watch UTV or CH4. I wanted to try out FTA to evaluate it as an option. I will try and get a card from a trusted source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jofus

Just checked myself, unfortunately after submit. I of course meant FTV.

Advertisement