Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC World

Options
  • 19-05-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

Not that this affects me as I don't have satellite, but I found this on the BBC World Website:
    ----
    BBC World is also available in digital from the Astra satellite with these parameters:
    Frequency:**** 11,597 MHz
    Beam:***********Wide
    Polarisation:***Vertical
    FEC:************* 5/6
    Symbol Rate: 22 Msym/sec
    ----
    I'm guessing that this isn't one of the Astra satellites at 28.2E. Or is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Richard wrote:
    BBC World is also available in digital from the Astra satellite

No, 19.2ºE (the Astra 1 cluster satellite positon - which Sky analogue used to use).

11597 V (tp 26), SR 22000, FEC 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭stuartfanning

Richard wrote:
    Not that this affects me as I don't have satellite, but I found this on the BBC World Website:
    ----
    BBC World is also available in digital from the Astra satellite with these parameters:
    Frequency:**** 11,597 MHz
    Beam:***********Wide
    Polarisation:***Vertical
    FEC:************* 5/6
    Symbol Rate: 22 Msym/sec
    ----
    If you are interested in checking BBC World out and you have Broadband, there is an un-official stream of it.

mms://mplay.donga.com/bbc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Used to watch BBC World on Analog on Hotbird.

Hotbird (13E) is still the preferreed for BBC world Digital, as it has teletext with exact same content as the Sky Interactive Text on Sky 507, BBC etc. Except not all the pages. The teletext is much faster.

Last time I looked the verson of BBC World on Astra 19.2E did not have the Teletext.

Hotbird also has Euronews (many languages inc english) and Nile TV news, DW TV part time in English, VOA TV / C-Span, Damlier Chrysler TV etc.. See www.lyngsat.com

Advertisement