Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terminator Genisys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd say Cameron couldn't give a flute tbh, he's spoken openly about encouraging Arne to fleece them for every appearance he gives within the franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, I always figured Cameron didn't give 2 fúcks about the franchise after T2 which to him was the end of the story, everything afterwards was always going to happen by movie studios with or without his help.

Arnie has even said how Cameron told him he didn't care if he kept playing the Terminator but to get as much money out of them as possible for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,364 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm a huge fan of the terminator franchise and hadnt being paying attention to the news about the fifth film next year until tonight. I read a premise of the film and so its going to be set in an alternative version of history set before the first film ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of the terminator franchise and hadnt being paying attention to the news about the fifth film next year until tonight. I read a premise of the film and so its going to be set in an alternative version of history set before the first film ?

Yep, terrible ay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,364 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Yep, terrible ay.

I'd only heard the actors involved but not a definite story. It's a bit meh on first glance alright. Personally even if salvation wasn't well recieved I liked that they had gone into the future war which we heard about for three films.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Doesn't James Cameron get the rights back to the Terminator franchise in 2019? I wonder if he wrote and made a new one himself, after whatever this new trilogy ends up being, would it be for 18s or more PG 12 bullsh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Trailer will be released in 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Oh Sweet Lord this has gotten me excited.

Arnie has just posted it on social media. As soon as I get an embed link I will add it here.

I was a bit iffy (yet still excited) about this one but the teaser (the 2nd one) has got me thinking of T2 all over again.

The main trailer is out tomorrow :D

EDIT:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just saw it pop up. This movie is going to be a disaster.

"He is back"

It's obviously going to be a vehicle for Arnie and he's way way past it! Had they decided to make a Terminator movie that didn't revolve around Arnie but featured him, maybe. But I can see this being another Rise of the Machines type actioner with not much else behind it.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just saw it pop up. This movie is going to be a disaster.

"He is back"

It's obviously going to be a vehicle for Arnie and he's way way past it! Had they decided to make a Terminator movie that didn't revolve around Arnie but featured him, maybe. But I can see this being another Rise of the Machines type actioner with not much else behind it.

The "He is back" thing could just be for the teaser to get the fans excited on social media. It doesn't bother me. Lets wait to see full trailer tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Cool CGI on the arm..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

py2006 wrote: »
    Oh Sweet Lord this has gotten me excited.

Arnie has just posted it on social media. As soon as I get an embed link I will add it here.

I was a bit iffy (yet still excited) about this one but the teaser (the 2nd one) has got me thinking of T2 all over again.

The main trailer is out tomorrow :D

EDIT:

There are 2 teasers?

And is...is that hand CGI?...Please don't be a CGI hand

There are 2 teasers?

Well what I thought was a teaser trailer is actually just a 'moving poster' apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There are 2 teasers?

This one is just the teaser for the teaser that's out tomorrow. Because... um... nah, I've no idea.

I've got no hopes for it really but not a bad looking 10 seconds so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Goodshape wrote: »
    teaser for the teaser that's out tomorrow.

Dear god...

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote: »
    This one is just the teaser for the teaser that's out tomorrow. Because... um... nah, I've no idea.

I've got no hopes for it really but not a bad looking 10 seconds so far.

Same as the new RoboCop more than likely, will look flashy and modern with some decent visual effects but be too limited by the ridiculous choice to keep the age rating down to live up to the action that made the originals great. Really don't understand why every movie has to cater to kids nowadays, especially remakes and reboots since the fans of the originals are obviously all adults now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

. Really don't understand why every movie has to cater to kids nowadays, especially remakes and reboots since the fans of the originals are obviously all adults now
    Money. More people will see it. Although theres plenty of ten year olds and younger playing
    call of duty so maybe its ok for small kids to see gore and bad language??!!
    And another thing thats been bothering me with this franchise. The constant referencing to older classic bits of the terminator movies grates with me a bit. Just get on with it into new ground and leave the classics where they are!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The film may yet surprise, and as ever it's best to maintain some semblance of an open mind, but god I can't stand that title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sonic Death Monkey

I don't care what it's called. Or how bad the trailer might be, like Jurassic World and SW VII, I'm damn, damn excited to see Arnold in a Terminator movie that I hope will be worthy of the first two.

shedweller wrote: »
    Money. More people will see it. Although theres plenty of ten year olds and younger playing
    call of duty so maybe its ok for small kids to see gore and bad language??!!
    And another thing thats been bothering me with this franchise. The constant referencing to older classic bits of the terminator movies grates with me a bit. Just get on with it into new ground and leave the classics where they are!!

Yeah, money's the biggest reason. They're running businesses after all but there's a line where it just gets ridiculous. I don't know much about the movie studios who make the highest grossing movies but surely the largest ones do enough blockbusters that earn enough for them to think, "okay, we'll take a bit of a gamble here and release an 18s movie with lots of violence and adult content or an entirely new concept that'll get people talking like we used to".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Full trailer up. looks ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I've seen sequels sh*t all over original films in the past but Jesus Christ that takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Who ever that girl is playing Sarah Connor, shes not fit to fetch Linda Hamiltons coffee. She is a terrible Sarah Connor.

I have low expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

It looks and feels like a big budget rehash of the previous Terminator movies focused mainly around Arnie and T2 nostalgia. I'll be delighted if it turns out otherwise.

Have to say that it looks pretty damn good, the kind of big budget nonsense that will be perfect fodder for some lazy summer viewing.

Very little Arnie too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Who ever that girl is playing Sarah Connor, shes not fit to fetch Linda Hamiltons coffee. She is a terrible Sarah Connor.

I have low expectations.

That's Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones I think.

She should stick to Game of Thrones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, I genuinely kept myself open to being surprised, but that looked pretty terrible by all accounts; Arnie looking even more ludicrous than I thought he might. The design of the time machine was pretty cool to be fair, but the rest of the trailer just stank of the Greatest Hits of Terminator 1 and 2. And Jai Courtney was as out of place as every other film he pops up in. I'm sure this'll still make lots of money of course...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Ah jesus even I have to concede that was shocking. Emilia seems particularly poor.

I've seen bad trailers make good films though (Dredd for one) so all is not lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I am very confused by that trailer. So, this isn't a reboot? Arnie as a terminator survived and has spent time protecting Sarah Connor waiting on Kyle Reece to arrive so they can work together to take down a 1980's Arnie Terminator and a T-1000 that was sent to kill Sarah Connor?

I'm not taking the píss, I am honestly confused about the story. :confused:

Ok, I just watched the trailer again. So, old Arnie and Sarah have already taken care of 1980's Arnie terminator.

Right... Yeah, ok. Is this going to be rated 12's as well? I think I will be skipping this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

There is something about Arnie that he just doesnt have the charisma he once had back in the 80s and 90s. I think he should give up acting his days of being a leading man are over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭fluke

This franchise does not know what to do with itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Far too much cringe in that trailer for my liking, overall seems like it could be entertaining though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

It can't be worse than the TV show at least!

Falthyron wrote: »
    I am very confused by that trailer. So, this isn't a reboot? Arnie as a terminator survived and has spent time protecting Sarah Connor waiting on Kyle Reece to arrive so they can work together to take down a 1980's Arnie Terminator and a T-1000 that was sent to kill Sarah Connor?

I'm not taking the píss, I am honestly confused about the story. :confused:

Ok, I just watched the trailer again. So, old Arnie and Sarah have already taken care of 1980's Arnie terminator.

Right... Yeah, ok. Is this going to be rated 12's as well? I think I will be skipping this...

Also confused as to the time line and where it did in with the first 2...

Looks a bit rubbish to be honest. :( Like a homage to the first 2 movies. Kyle in the dept. store, "come with me if you want to live", chase with the armoured vehicle...

Emilia Clarke hasn't delivered her lines well.

It's like a Terminator movie for the sake of it.

I really hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I've had a think and decided I don't like it. The actors, apart from Arnie (who looks too old), all look too young. I know its silly but they are.

From Arnold's post on Facebook:

"Terminators don't wait for timelines - they create them."

So simply, another reality. It kind of renders the first two pointless then.

I fear they've completely f*cked what little chance they had to build on Terminator 2.

• Advertisement

Oh no...looks like something you'd see on SyFy while browsing before quickly changing channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Absolutely nothing interesting, inspiring or exciting about that trailer whatsoever. If it wasn't a "Terminator movie", we wouldn't even have a thread about it on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Damn, that looks terrible! Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Two stock actors for these kind of movies, it's like paint by numbers with KR and JC.

I have to say I did like the "we?!" reveal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Similar to what an earlier poster noted, the franchise simply doesn't know what to do with itself.

If it is just going to re-hash the storyline from the first two movies, what's the point? Money, one might say. However, after watching Terminator: Salvation a few years back and now the trailer for this, I'm thoroughly disappointed that it doesn't look like the franchise is ever going to produce a movie worthy of mention alongside the first two films.

It would help if they had the storyline to back it up, but it appears like they are just perfectly happy for us all to wallow in nostalgia by witnessing Arnie make a comeback in one of his most famous roles. I feel like they could "Dark Knight" the franchise a little more, if you get me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Kyle Reese: Listen, and understand. That Terminator franchise is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel shame, or remorse, or creatively bereft. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until it has taken all your money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How the feck did they manage to make the all-chrome T1000 look cartoonish and fake when the 1992 one was near perfect?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So yet again the trailer is an abridged version of almost the entire movie. Looks terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wow, that actually makes Terminator:Salvation look good :/

I love Arnold, but his last few films have been shockingly crap, even for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Despite being fanmade and a cluster of mismatching scenes, You just know Genisys is never gonna be as good as this would be if it was a real film.
    Genysis going after the Hunger Games money/market. San Francisco is the new go to place for apocalyptic showdowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Reese looks very buff and well fed for surviving on mice and scraps!!

Just should of gave us the future war.

The t-1000 does nothing for me either.

Terminator ended after T2, but saying that I'll still be the first to get a ticket!

• Advertisement
Advertisement