Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Be Cops

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

12% on rottentomatoes, it looks awful tbh. Something that might work as a SNL skit but not a full movie

The trailer did nothing for me and reviews are scathing which is a shame given that I like the leads and the supporting cast includes talent like Andy Garvia and Key and Peele.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It looks fúcking tragic to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cant stand those 2 guys, Think I'l avoid this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Looks like such a lazy attempt at what could have been an alright film if those involved had half a brain or could be bothered using their imagination.Plenty of scope there for decent laughs with the premise of two lads pretending to be cops.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Did anyone manage to watch the full thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to watch the full thing?
    Got to 20 minutes, most of which was fast forwarded. Couldn't watch anymore; it got too cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did sure. I laughed. A bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I watched this tonight.

Compared to some of the absolute trash released this year, Sex Tape especially, it is above average.

But as a comedy itself, it is alright. Not one you'd buy, but definitely worth a rental. Good chemistry between the two main characters too which always helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

**** film

• Advertisement

I really am in the minority but I really, really enjoyed Let's Be Cops and would go so far as to call it the surprise of the year. It's a refreshingly simple film that doesn't get bogged down in trying to over complicate things. It takes a simple idea about how much fun it would be to act like a cop and just runs with it. There's an infectious feel to it in the manner in which it just throws caution to the wind and has a little fun.

Awash in cliche and overly familiar genre tropes the film still manages to be charming, even when tonally it's all over the place. The film goes from slapstick comedy to dark serious action and back again, often in a matter of seconds. The film is at it's best when it simply allows our two leads to make the most out of being cops. Small moments such as them abusing their power by forcing civilians to follow their lead and Johnson chasing down a group of kids in his squad car have a wild abandon that's just fun.

I can see why so many dislike the film, it offers absolutely nothing new and could be described as a best of genre offering but while it lasts it's a lot of fun and there's something to be said about a film that sets out to do nothing but entertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Downloaded this last night and to be honest, it wasn't great at all. Pretty much the same thing as 22 Jump Street and hardly something to die for to watch it imo

Advertisement