Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broadband

• 22-05-2005 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

I want to hook my sky+ dish to get broadband. Anyone out there know any guides to doing this and what i need ect. I want it to be 2 way and anyone know any providers.
    any advise whould be very much appreciated.

Regards
    Matdabomb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wizard1

"I want to hook my sky+ dish to get broadband. Anyone out there know any guides to doing this and what i need ect. I want it to be 2 way and anyone know any providers.
    any advise whould be very much appreciated."

Hi Matdabomb,
    While you can do broadband on a sky dish, you cannot do 2 way broadband (Requires A send LNB) 2 way also requires a receive card and a transmit card for your pc, also it is VERY expensive. 1 way is possible on a sky dish, you need a PCI Sat receiver card (Skystar 1 , or skystar2, and others). you simply hook up one of the spare feeds from the quad LNB and sign up with a provider (Silvermead in the UK (There are others)) do a search on satellite internet providers. Of course for a one way system you also need a phone line. I gave up on sat internet because it proved too expensive and they did not want you to use what you are paying for, and the limits were too low, and it was quite slow a lot of the time. But if your budget runs to it have away. I hope some of this helps you.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

ok thxs for that but then maybey someone here can help me is there any other option with isp for a bigger anytime package i am with eircom now and alwas falling about 35 hours over thx limit.I live in oughterard does anyone know when the broadband is going there or moycullen or if there is any other way to get broadband.

Regrads
    Matdabomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

how about the bt-ireland anytime package which is 180 hours, 30 more than the 150 you're on at eircom ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try leap or Irish Broadband. Satellite BB is rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

matdabomb wrote:
    ok thxs for that but then maybey someone here can help me is there any other option with isp for a bigger anytime package i am with eircom now and alwas falling about 35 hours over thx limit.I live in oughterard does anyone know when the broadband is going there or moycullen or if there is any other way to get broadband.

Regrads
    Matdabomb

As far As I know there is wirless broadband being setup in Moycullen go to www.irishwan.org then Galway section in the form

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement