Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PBX with UPC?

Options
  • 08-12-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I know nothin' about PBX phone systems...

There are currently 3 (I think) Eircom phone lines with a PBX and 2 ISDN boxes on the wall.

I want to change over to UPC because the 8mb broadband (only 2.2DS/0.4US/35ms) is struggling with 10 PC's (+1 server) connected to it. But to save money we were going to change the phone lines over too. The land lines are not used very often so we will only really need one but with about 7 extensions...

Any idea where I start?

Thanks in advance

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The standard UPC service supports two VOIP lines, but you could get more as a business I suspect. You could just replace the 3x PSTN/ISDN inbound lines on the existing PBX with 2x VOIP lines from the new modem and just turn off the third line.

This is assuming there wasnt PRA/BRA groups additionally coming in. You'd also have to get UPC to port out the numbers for you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

UPC should be able to give you 3 regular lines and you just replace them as above.

Advertisement