Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Cat5e/6 in Ireland - delivered?

Options
  • 22-10-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Most Electrical Wholsalers will have stock of Cat 5e and Cat 6. Otherwise I would recommend Woods. Ask for their cheap offering if price is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Copper is too heavy to ship, better off finding a bricks and mortar electrical wholesalers

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭65535

Dwyers Electrical in Cork had it, probably still do.
    Try an electrical wholesaler in your locality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

yuloni wrote: »
    Thanks folks

It's been a while since I bought any and the last batch I bought was a bulk shipment of Cat6 which came in from the UK via kenable.co.uk (and it was a damn heavy shipment too!). I'm on a much smaller quantity now and I'll be paying VAT so I won't bother the UK this time

The nearest wholesaler to me is Cliffords in Sligo but I'll try the options below also. A box of 305m is probably about 10-15KG which any courier, even An Post , will carry without issue

I'll drop by with the price when I'm done

A courier will carry 15kg for about 15 quid inc VAT but An Post will rob you, €14.95 for 5kg and €1 extra per kg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The last time I bought cable was through Tvtrade.ie. Local elec suppliers couldn't touch their price, and delivery charge (courier) is 4.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A lot of stuff about is copper clad alu. If you want to do GigE over longer lengths then get pure copper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement