Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-03-2012, 19:41   #16
Voodoomelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXV View Post
I think you're an awful obnoxious billix having a big car like that for just one passenger. The likes of you make me sick!
Haha, I tell a lie, I love passengers, they get to share the opulence.
Just don't touch anything!
Advertisement
31-03-2012, 19:46   #17
shedweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollywog View Post
Me too,
Spent about an hour cleaning my interior yesterday, had the car like new inside, seats cleaned and all, then my girlfriend informed me i had to collect her niece from school... In she jumps, mucky feet first onto my back seats, felt like screamin'!! The back of the car looks like a farmers backyard now, worse than when i began cleaning it!! But sure what can ya do!!
Do that with three of your own kids and see how long you can sustain the washing/waxing/interior cleaning!! There comes a point!
31-03-2012, 20:30   #18
Piriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Oh, you've met my kids then?

OP, it really depends on what the car will be mostly used for - mostly short commutes / shopping trips then a small petrol (up to 1.2, say). If lots of motorway / long journeys then a larger petrol (1.6+) or diesel engine is what you need. Your annual mileage should be taken into account too, the received wisdom is that 15-20k km a year is the sweet spot for justifying the extra outlay for a diesel compared to a petrol model of a similar car.

Are you buying new, nearly new etc? What's your budget?

As you can see, there are quite a few variables to consider =/

Hi,
im moving back to Dublin and reckon i wont be doing too much on the motorway or doing anything over 8,000 a year... I do drive a 1.4 Rover 200 at the mo and i tend to drive it fast (not recklessly however). I like the 1.4 for power but am thinking i'd save with a 1.2 2002 Seat Ibiza...? My budget is fairly low..; not spending high as i might not be in this country in a year but the car i have has no nct and its time to change it. Maybe a Seat Leon 1.4 would be the best way to go...

thanks for the replies..
31-03-2012, 20:42   #19
Dub XV

Use Autotrader.co.uk and use their info in the spec section of the car you are interested in. MPG will be in there.
31-03-2012, 20:42   #20
mathepac
Banned

what litre engine is most efficient?

3.8 litre as it makes the driver instantly attractive with the minimum expenditure of energy and melts outer clothing as well as underwear, saving all that unbuckling, unhitching and unwrapping. Simplez.
Advertisement
31-03-2012, 20:47   #21
shedweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piriz View Post
Hi,
im moving back to Dublin and reckon i wont be doing too much on the motorway or doing anything over 8,000 a year...
At 5L/100k you would use 400 litres, at 6L/100k you will use 480 litres, at 7L/100k you will use 560 litres.

It hardly makes a difference what you drive at your mileage! Get something you are happy with and won't spend too much time fixing and live your life!
Thanks from:
31-03-2012, 20:56   #22
Piriz

"It hardly makes a difference what you drive at your mileage! Get something you are happy with and won't spend too much time fixing and live your life!"

Ok sound...Leon it is then...that clears that up... time for beer!
31-03-2012, 23:28   #23
gollywog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedweller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollywog View Post
Me too,
Spent about an hour cleaning my interior yesterday, had the car like new inside, seats cleaned and all, then my girlfriend informed me i had to collect her niece from school... In she jumps, mucky feet first onto my back seats, felt like screamin'!! The back of the car looks like a farmers backyard now, worse than when i began cleaning it!! But sure what can ya do!!
Do that with three of your own kids and see how long you can sustain the washing/waxing/interior cleaning!! There comes a point!
Yes, that's exactly why I know I'm not ready for kids yet!
Thanks from:
01-04-2012, 18:38   #24
dr.fuzzenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piriz View Post
Hi,
im moving back to Dublin and reckon i wont be doing too much on the motorway or doing anything over 8,000 a year... I do drive a 1.4 Rover 200 at the mo and i tend to drive it fast (not recklessly however). I like the 1.4 for power but am thinking i'd save with a 1.2 2002 Seat Ibiza...? My budget is fairly low..; not spending high as i might not be in this country in a year but the car i have has no nct and its time to change it. Maybe a Seat Leon 1.4 would be the best way to go...

thanks for the replies..
That is not a sentence I thought I would ever hear, unless someone took said engine and strapped it to a skateboard.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion