Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Computer Issue - Advice Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    OP, if you dont get your laptop back in full working order, get on to the person who gave you the laptop and deal with the retailer, if you dont get either of the remaining three 'R's then at least you can preceed to the SCC.

From the NCA website:

@rebeve, same for you, did you buy your laptop yourself?
    I bought mine from saveonlaptops.co.uk .I bought in June of last year. Got
    nowhere with saveonlaptops .Lenovo have had it for the last 8 weeks ,and it aint fixed .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

you could go to the european small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Final update on this issue thankfully. I got a brand new replacement model back today including a new keyboard, mouse and remote which I didn't send back in the first place :D

Took just over 2 months though and I doubt I'll be buying Lenovo again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

It took a lot of persistence,very happy that you got it sorted in the end.

Thanks again for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

OP, if you dont get your laptop back in full working order, get on to the person who gave you the laptop and deal with the retailer, if you dont get either of the remaining three 'R's then at least you can preceed to the SCC.

I'm unsure about this. It was an interesting (and potentially common) situation that OP was in. If the computer had been returned with a crack in the screen I don't see why the retailer would fix it, as it was caused by mistreatment after purchase (doesn't matter to the retailer who did the mistreating). Perhaps you'd have to bring Lenovo to the SCC for "minor damage to property"?

• Advertisement

Final update on this issue thankfully. I got a brand new replacement model back today including a new keyboard, mouse and remote which I didn't send back in the first place :D

Took just over 2 months though and I doubt I'll be buying Lenovo again.

Good for you ,mine arrived back 10 days ago ,and I had to send it back again with same problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Zab wrote: »
    I'm unsure about this. It was an interesting (and potentially common) situation that OP was in. If the computer had been returned with a crack in the screen I don't see why the retailer would fix it, as it was caused by mistreatment after purchase (doesn't matter to the retailer who did the mistreating). Perhaps you'd have to bring Lenovo to the SCC for "minor damage to property"?

Totally agree, nobody is going to cover physical damage only manufactring faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Totally agree, nobody is going to cover physical damage only manufactring faults.

He's says he returned it to them with no damage to the screen and can prove it. He also says it was only after they had it for a few weeks that they came back to him about the broken screen. To me it sound like they broke it while it was in their care and tried to blame him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He's says he returned it to them with no damage to the screen and can prove it. He also says it was only after they had it for a few weeks that they came back to him about the broken screen. To me it sound like they broke it while it was in their care and tried to blame him.

There's a bit of confusion over that discussion.

wmpdd3 was initially talking about getting the laptop back from the manufactures repair depot and then taking it to the orignal seller, which is when zab made his point and wmpdd3 agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

To anyone else having issues with lenovo, here a good step by step to deal with them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70069794

I have also had dealing with Lenovo.
    Here is my quick step guide to getting things sorted with them.

Step 01:
    Call: 01-881-1444
    Report issue, and ask the issue to be escalated, ask for the call reference
    Call ref should look like this: a2w7st3.
    If the lenovo rep does not want to escalate , hang up and ring again and repeat step 01, some reps are better them others.

Once escalated and you have the call ref, ask for the reps name and ask if you can send a written complaint to them.

Step 03
    Send written complaint including photos to frontoffice@uk.ibm.com

Subject: Attention (reps name) Call ref: (reference number)

Step 04
    go to:
    www.ibm.com/support/esC

Register online.
    -Place a request

in Customer problem number
    Customer call management
    system number field
    Place your call reference.

In this form put a short description of your problem and include you sent a email to front office. include your email and subject of the email.

Now you can fully track your issue and ref the the esc system.

IN regards to the courier, Lenovo use UPS.
    They are poor in area as UPS out source there service to smaller companies so there service varies in quality greatly through out Ireland.

If a arranged collection is organized ask for a UPS ref and contact UPS directly to see were the problem is. Maybe lenovo is not passing on your phone number to UPS.

If it does not work out from here you can use the ESC logs as evidence in the Small Claims Court.

• Advertisement

Update : My machine arrived today after a second repair .I discover after five minutes of use that I have the same problem .Are Lenovo for real or what .Only
    one month left on my warranty .

Update 2 .Finally got a replacement laptop after 4 months .No dedicated graphics ,and a smaller hard drive .Lenovo are a joke full stop .

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pbazyl

I have the same experience with Lenovo:(. Worst service ever. Official complain didn’t help - no apologise, nothing:( waiting for them to fix the same issue second time. No more Lenovo. They don’t care about customer:(

Advertisement