Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair thining of young men

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My brother is planning on going to a clinic in Turkey for hair grafts.

He has has it done before in cork and dub.

He has done loads of research and the Turks are the most advanced. Plus best price per graft.

I am concerned about the safety. You hear horror stories about people getting their teeth done in Budapest etc.

His girlfriend is totally nonchalant.

What are your thoughts??
    Anyone have any experience/done research re hair grafts? Here or abroad?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What are your thoughts??

He should wear his baldness with pride and save his money for beer and bacon sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Zaph wrote: »
    He should wear his baldness with pride and save his money for beer and bacon sandwiches.

And wimmins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Dr Andrew Rynne calls Propecia a "dangerous toxic medication"

Also it caused this man to attempt suicide.

I dont know how hair loss clinics are able to get away with peddling this poison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

This isn't a cure,it's not even a steroid...it's an anti-cancer medication that can destroy your reproductive system..not worth taking no matter how bald you are.

The best thing to do when you start to go bald is get used to it..cut your hair short and get on with your life!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

As an aero-dynamically enhanced man myself, i feel that there's only 2 manlyways to deal with this blessing: either dont give a flook about it, or else shave it and THEN dont give a flook about it.
    All this malarkey of giving people money for a bit of coverage reeks of desperation to me.
    In my (happy) experience there's plenty of wimminz who'll gladly have a suave and manly bloke (again, speaking from experience), without counting the strands of hair on his well-formed head.

"Feel the velvet baby"
    - Kojak

Although, I must share a cautionary note on shaving it all off.

A while back I took this very route and on more than one occasion was asked if I had medical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

ok i said i have to post reply as i am currently taking this medication with zero side effects. All medications have side effects simple as but for some reason this drug is getting highlighted in past few years. The drug has been on the market since 1997 and its amazing how only in the past few years certain men have being going online about sides. Im not saying they are no sides just not near the % people on here would lead you to believe. As far shaving it off thats fine if you want to but i know i certainly would look v different and less attractive bald. Im just here giving the other side to the story.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    ok i said i have to post reply as i am currently taking this medication with zero side effects. All medications have side effects simple as but for some reason this drug is getting highlighted in past few years. The drug has been on the market since 1997 and its amazing how only in the past few years certain men have being going online about sides. Im not saying they are no sides just not near the % people on here would lead you to believe. As far shaving it off thats fine if you want to but i know i certainly would look v different and less attractive bald. Im just here giving the other side to the story.

You may only get sides AFTER you stop taking the drug.

Only a few months ago a young Doctor who took the Propecia committed suicide.

Its beggars belief that this drug is still on the market after all the suicides it has caused. Hair loss is not an illness. The risks from using this drug far outweigh its benefits.

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/daniel-m-stewart-1976-2014/

• Advertisement

chopper6 wrote: »
    This isn't a cure,it's not even a steroid...it's an anti-cancer medication that can destroy your reproductive system..not worth taking no matter how bald you are.

The best thing to do when you start to go bald is get used to it..cut your hair short and get on with your life!

HRBR promote this drug as being harmless I dont know how they can get away with it.

untreatable and irreversable side-effects of the worst kind..it's quite horrific.

chopper6 wrote: »
    untreatable and irreversable side-effects of the worst kind..it's quite horrific.

Yet according to the Doctor in that video the side effects "go away in 100% of cases" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Would not even consider anything 'prescriptional/medicinal', that has side effects or could affect the aul rampant mojo, instead recommend:

1. Alcepin (successful, cheap, harmless) based on caffeine...
    2. Get a 'hair tattoo' at the local inksters 'Micropigmentation' they call it, if your a shinny 'ala BruceWillis'
    3. Chill out, have a cup of tea and await 5yrs for the upcoming massive advances in stem cell re-engineering :)

The cure for hair loss is in a can:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Lads a bit of balance is all im looking for all imsaying is if some of you on here looked at aspirin side effects you might never take it again and it has the same incidences of sides as finasteride has. You are more likely to die in a plane crash than get irreversible sides from finasteride. Its just scaremongering to say you will get sides from this drug and th e fact millions of men use a higher dosage to prevent prostate cancer but it onle seems to be propecia users who get these serious sides. Many men have used this drug to prevent hairloss and now lead happier lives becasue of it.

• Advertisement

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Lads a bit of balance is all im looking for all imsaying is if some of you on here looked at aspirin side effects you might never take it again and it has the same incidences of sides as finasteride has. You are more likely to die in a plane crash than get irreversible sides from finasteride. Its just scaremongering to say you will get sides from this drug and th e fact millions of men use a higher dosage to prevent prostate cancer but it onle seems to be propecia users who get these serious sides. Many men have used this drug to prevent hairloss and now lead happier lives becasue of it.

So you reckon it's worth taking the chance of permanant impotency/sexual dysfunction and possible suicide?

Pathetic.

Thread closed pending mod review. This is veering into medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement