Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon best seller list.

• 01-12-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have a novel listed on Amazon. It's been given a number on their best seller list. Let's say, 100,000. Now I know 99,999 books are selling better than mine. But how do I know where it stands in the overall list? How many are dong worse?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Your book should always say where it ranks on the list, unless it sells so few books that they can't do a meaningful comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

Well, one of my books is ranked at approx. 100,000 which normally I'd translate into English as 'it's sh1te' but it seems there are only one million books in it's category so I like to tell people: "Well put it this way, if there were only one hundred books in the category I'd be in the top ten." This never fails to glean a smile of admiration from those who I'm telling but by the end of the conversation I can tell they've crunched the numbers whilst pretending to listen to me and they're actually thinking ' It's sh1te.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Actually, try giving your book some unusaul tags, and you may find you can be number one in some obscure category.

I managed to get a load of publicity with my book being "Number one on amazon in interspecies romance."

Advertisement