Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on finding writers for an online magazine.

Options
  • 29-11-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone

I built a website and am currently working on the classified adverts section of it.

It's an online magazine for 16 to 21 year old students. I would like it to be a place where young people could go and be inspired, a place where struggling musicians and artists could find an open mind audience to help them grow.

Anyway I would like to start getting freelancers to write about the things that are important to them that people of this age group would find interesting.

Where could I go to find people like this and what should I do about payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Pay a decent set rate, and actually pay it, and you'll get writers. Start with the freelancers who write about music or arts for magazines or newspapers. They're professionals who can write to the length you want, and may well have fans who will follow them to your new magazine.

Once you have a reputation as a reliable payer, you'll get lots of potential writers.

Advertisement