Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a Laptop

Options
  • 12-12-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering can any one help me?

I'm buying a laptop and have no idea on what i need or what to look for in laptop. Can spend up to a €1,000.

Was up in PC World in the north today and priced one, price was £660(ie €740), the same one in PC World in Dundalk was €900, and with the great exchange rate at present, I think ill be buying across the border.

All I used a laptop for is basically the internet. I would like to buy one that works fast and has good memory!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is mobility a concern? Would you prefer a smaller lighter laptop or a bigger screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

There is no need to spend that sort of money on a laptop just to browse the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

normal size screen, prob 15 inch

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,026 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

might help if you posted the specs of the one your looking at

i suppose what you'd want for that sort of money ~800e is a core 2 duo 2ghz+ , 2+ gb ram, 250+ gb....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eolhc wrote: »
    might help if you posted the specs of the one your looking at

i suppose what you'd want for that sort of money ~800e is a core 2 duo 2ghz+ , 2+ gb ram, 250+ gb....
    Yup, this should suffice. Even then it would be overkill for what you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement