Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isn't today the day ??........

Options
  • 27-01-2004 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Isn't today the day that eircom were supposed to have implemented bitstream port transfer ? (see here http://www.comreg.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=101334). I just rang Esat to see if it was now possible to change over from eircom to esat/iol broadband without an interuption to my service and first of all the CSR said that she hadn't heard anything about this and that it would still take about 6 weeks to change providers. (She even added that she wouldn't recommend it as it's a nightmare !) . I then explained that Comreg had directed eircom to have this service operational by Jan 27th 2004. I asked her if she was on the internet there and she said she was, so I directed her to the comreg site and the above document. She then said she would ring the marketing dept. and try to get some info on this and when it would be available. She rang me back and said that eircom are dragging their feet on this and it is not available yet, nor could she give me any indication of when it would be.

I've emailed Comreg to find out if eircom have fulfilled their obligation or not, and am awaiting a response. Does anyone know anything else about this ?

BTW, I see eircom have been slapped on the wrist yet again for another indiscretion. Here http://www.comreg.ie/whats_new/default.asp?ctype=5&nid=101339

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Small error in that almost tender "slap on the wrist":
    eircom’s field sales (Feet On The Street (FOTS)) personnel quoted out of
    date rates approximately four and possibly five months after Cinergi
    Telecom had informed eircom of the change to their rates. The Cinergi
    rates dated 22nd May 2003 were being quoted by eircom in mid October
    even though Cinergi had updated eircom with its revised rates in June.
    That should of course read:
    eircom’s field sales (Cheats On The Street (COTS)) personnel quoted out of...
    grep rocks

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Small error in that almost tender "slap on the wrist":

That should of course read:
    quote:

eircom’s field sales (Cheats On The Street (COTS)) personnel quoted out of...
    grep rocks

adam

So true. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

These nameless Eircom spokespersons crack me up. Bearing in mind the primary topic in this thread...

An Eircom spokesperson said ... "Eircom is very serious about compliance with regulations..."

That's right boy. You're not a bunch of lying, cheating assh*les at all at all.

Is there a reason you didn't want to be named btw?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by -Wheeler-

I've emailed Comreg to find out if eircom have fulfilled their obligation or not, and am awaiting a response. Does anyone know anything else about this ?

:D . Typical Comreg widdle water. Good luck in trying to get a straight answer out of them.

Be careful if you are transferring a port. As there are no 1 year old (and therefore out of contract) RADSL ports I assume that you wish to transfer an ADSL port.

ESAT don't sell this product, they have their 'own' ADSL product instead in some exchanges.

You may wish to take your port to Netsource who DO re-sell ADSL along with RADSL and can therefore transfer it cleanly.

Alternatively you may wish to downgrade to the cheaper RADSL first which would possibly entail your entering into a new 1 year contract for this 'new' service.

All the above would make interesting follow up questions to Comreg.....as they are a logical outcome of the Comreg directive to Eircom.

M

Sorry I should have said that it's eircom's i-stream starter service, which is RADSL afaik. You're right in that my contract isn't quite up yet, but it is in 3 months. Just getting ready early !

• Advertisement

Right, I've looked around the eircom website for the last half an hour, looking for that elusive 'golden nugget', and by God I think I've found it.:D

I found a DSL Transfer Authorisation form, in this document http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/bitstreamcontractv1.6.pdf, it's on the second last page. Very tempted to be really cheeky, and fill it out and send it in to them now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

"Bitstream Port Transfer" means a service that can be used by a gaining
    operator to move a Subscriber port from the losing operator's network to the
    gaining operator's network to a Bitstream product of the gaining operator's
    choosing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Muck

Be careful if you are transferring a port. As there are no 1 year old (and therefore out of contract) RADSL ports I assume that you wish to transfer an ADSL port.

Unless you are on RADSL with Netsource, your contract is only for three months with them.

I'm currently paying e66 per month for Netsource, I could get IOL Talk and Surf with IOL BB for e65.

So for one euro less I get free local and national phone calls from Esat, that is a no brainer.

I can't wait for this switch over process to be up and running, however I will probably wait until March to see how things will develop with the new products.

Just as an update to this - I received this email from Comreg.
    Dear Mr ********

I telephoned your home today, but you weren't available. I trust this email will sort out some of the confusion.

Eircom republished their bitstream reference offer on the 27th Jan, including a bitstream port transfer process and customer authorization forms as directed. Therefore eircom do offer this facility where customers can switch without any downtime and at a reduced wholesale charge. Any operator can now use this feature when transferring customers, if they so choose to do so.

Regards
    Regulatory Product Development

hmmm.....so Comreg say it is available. Must give Esat a ring again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Last part of the form.
    This is an instruction to eircom to change the DSL Service Provider on the referenced DSL line below. I accept that there may be some downtime in conducting this change.

Aw crap....

• Advertisement
Advertisement