Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itv 4 Nov 1

• 14-07-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

ITV4 is expected to replace the recently-revamped Men & Motors channel.

ITV chief executive Mick Desmond has confirmed that the network's newest digital channel will launch on November 1. ITV4 will be an entertainment channel showcasing a mix of brand new US drama, top-end British drama, comedy, movies, sport, sci-fi and factual programming.

Will the channel remain FTA? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i very much doubt it will be fta, it will be more than likely ftv just like ITV1 and ITV 2 because of the channels content 'sports, movies, us & uk dramas'. If theres many matches at once they could show matchs on ITV4 while others are happening on ITV1&2. I hope im wrong but I cant imagine the people at ITV lettering a channel like this being fta.
    ITV3 can get away with being fta because it doesnt have much rights issue content mainly just old movies and drama's and no sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bah, if you are correct in saying that it wont be FTA then thats another channel gone from our screens. Men & Motors is actually kind of watchable atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Considering Men and Motors just went FTA, when ITV4 replaces it, it will probabaly remain the same, what's the point of going FTA for a few months?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

from the stuff ive read about ITV4 it sounds like the channel content will be very similiar to ITV1 and ITV2 which is very different to what both M&M old and present version are showing. If this does turn out to be ftv then theres more reason for many of us to get that freesat card from either uk family members/friends or off a website. ITV children which is another channel in the making by ITV for younger audiences would initially share its daytime hours on ITV 4 before it begings transmission in the evening. I would prolly get freesat if this is the route ITV will take.

Advertisement