Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cable question

• 14-07-2005 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Hi y'all,

I remember reading somewhere, on this board or elsewhere, about coaxial cable that can carry two signals at the same time, i.e. having two wires inside the screen.
    I tried to search, but probably didn't use the right terms, as I can't find anything or way too many posts, depending on the number of terms I search on.

What I want to know is: what would be the catalog name for such cable? is it available in Ireland? is it suitable for carrying satellite signal from LNBs to receivers?

Thanks,
    JP

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think I remember Tony mention it during the Sky+ training thing was on, befure Sky+ was introduced into the country. I personally haven't seen any of it yet, though haven't really had much need for it either, as most Sky+ installs for me are upgrades where a second cable is handier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

yeah there was such cable but it was only for very short runs and I'm not even sure it got CAI approval. I've never seen or used it as it would ve very rare to run two new cables to same location.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

You may have more luck asking on Digital spy, I have seen it being discussed there before.

I think it is refered to as "shotgun" sat cable. I belive it has a ct- designation but cannot find it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

It is called CT63 cable, commonly known as "shotgun". It is designed to fit into the normal hole of 10mm for CT100 cable. Special "F" connectors are needed for it.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page8.htm

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

b_481.jpg

BELDEN® H121

Twin 75 ohm coax cable for twin tuners.
    F - connecter connection

look on google for a Belden dealer in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

any electricial wholesaler should have belden or get it in for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

byte wrote:
    I think I remember Tony mention it during the Sky+ training thing was on, befure Sky+ was introduced into the country. I personally haven't seen any of it yet, though haven't really had much need for it either, as most Sky+ installs for me are upgrades where a second cable is handier

yeah i done the same thing myself, saves taking out the old one and having to do the job twice.

Advertisement