Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers

Options
  • 25-11-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

What college courses in Cork, Limerick or Dublin are the best for getting you a job in film production such as directing, Producing, screen writing?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

How long is a piece of string?

I suppose The National Film School in Dun Laoghaire is considered the best. But in reality talent and hard work shines through.

There's no college course that means you walk out of college into a job - even the most talented folk take years of hard work before they get to the level where they'd be considered a successful director or producer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

I would presume i'm in the same position as yourself, as the guy above me mentioned nation film school looks most preferable, I went to the open day looks the job. Here's a really useful webpage on all courses film related in general http://filmireland.net/2011/01/11/get-into-film-listings-of-film-courses/ Hope I helped op!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

Have to say really good link you posted it should have its own thread.

Advertisement