Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7w

• 13-08-2014 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just got my satellite sorted after bad winds this year.

Just wondering is anyone picking up anything from this bird?

If so please reply with a frequency.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

What size dish you using mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭kooga

and where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

In dublin guys on a 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭iba

I do not think you can get 7 on a 1.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Had a 1.2 in Kerry and couldn't get a peep no matter how much fine tuning i tired :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Afternoon lads up here in D11 usein a Triax TD110 on vu solo2 blachole and smart lnb 7w i pick up 127 channel,s best tp for lockin on is Oman tv HD on 12111 H 27500 3/4 siginal now at 17.23 is 31 % and on 26 east i pick up 247 tv + radio channel,s KTV 2 HD & MBC,S best tp for 26 east is Saudi sports HD on 12149 HD dvb-s2 Qpsk 5/6 3000 signal at 55% now feckin wind hope this helps regards bored_stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,392 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Afternoon lads up here in D11 usein a Triax TD110 on vu solo2 blachole and smart lnb 7w i pick up 127 channel,s best tp for lockin on is Oman tv HD on 12111 H 27500 3/4 siginal now at 17.23 is 31 % and on 26 east i pick up 247 tv + radio channel,s KTV 2 HD & MBC,S best tp for 26 east is Saudi sports HD on 12149 HD dvb-s2 Qpsk 5/6 3000 signal at 55% now feckin wind hope this helps regards bored_stupid

Since this thread started I have tried at various times of the day over several days to get a signal on 7 West. There are recognised fringe area reception cycles which point to optimum times for best reception. I got nothing. I was getting 111 channels a couple of years back which I posted about here but that is long gone. I have the same dish as yours.

I am surprised that you are getting anything on that tp since it is on Nilesat 201. In the UK it has been reported that it needs a 3.5 to 5 meter dish to get that one in North West England.

http://www.purplesat.com/index.php?p=1_17_STRONG-CHANNELS-LIST

My best tp on 26 is 12182 H 16200, 10.5 dB. I get 9 dB on 12149. Your symbol rate should read 30000.

Evening dxhound2005 yea i understand what your saying,i was usein catseyes channellist i even done a scan on 7w before i posted today , I,ve been picking up 7w for the last 2 years fox movies 38% & majestic movies 34% last year and after 10 pm MBC,S HD at 35% and on 26 east i can get a better signal by tweakin the dish but i lose the signal on 7w, going to put the latest sat xml from satellite xml.org this is run by openvix team and will posted feedback i,ve installed a few motors dishes for mates over the years i just ike i the buzz of the hobby like yourself and others on here i would,nt bull****s you,s lads , regards bored_stupid

OK lads here,s some pic,s to give you,s some hope took some after 10 and some after 11 pm, at the moment it,s raining here in D11 and the picture is breaking up but on a clear day there watchable or with no rain,but with the irish winter coming you,s know yourself,s what that,s like with a big dish hope this help,s regards bored_stupid ps unable to upload pic,s i only have 3 /4 posts sorry lads will come back with a type link once i find out howto

• Advertisement

As i took pic,s of channel,s time freq sat name to give you,s a hand.

If mods or youself,s have any idea howto sort these pic,s out ,as i,am not that clued up on these side of thing,s would be a great help as it show,s that this sat can be pickup on the east coast a least, and there not wastein there time trying to get this sat and sorry about so many post just trying to help fellow hobbest out thats as i know whats it,s like trying to get this sat ,regards bored_stupid

If mods or youself,s have any idea howto sort these pic,s out ,as i,am not that clued up on these side of thing,s would be a great help as it show,s that this sat can be pickup on the east coast a least, and there not wastein there time trying to get this sat and sorry about so many post just trying to help fellow hobbest out thats as i know whats it,s like trying to get this sat ,regards bored_stupid

When posting a reply, click on 'Go Advanced' and then click on the 'paper clip' icon beside the smiley face icon at the top.

FYI I can get 26 on a Triax 88cm dish in Dublin 15. When tuning I always use MBC 2 on 11919 27500 as this is the station I would watch the most and is one of the weakest.

Not at home atm so can't test 7 on my motorised 1.1m dish.

Afternoon iba unable to upload as i have,nt got eough post and i don,t want to be spamming just to build up my post count,you,s just got to trust me on this , 7w or 7.3 try qutar tv it,s fta my dish is centre on 5w and you just fine tune your motor across give it a few seconds each time, and when my post counts are up i,ll post pic,s from weekend gone and new one,s just to show what i was saying, i,am a newbie here but not to the sat scene , i,am over on uk froum,s like DWZ and mfaraj57 forum and a few other,s just got to have faith iba it can be done ,regards bored_stupid

Afternoon iba unable to upload as i have,nt got eough post and i don,t want to be spamming just to build up my post count,you,s just got to trust me on this , 7w or 7.3 try qutar tv it,s fta my dish is centre on 5w and you just fine tune your motor across give it a few seconds each time, and when my post counts are up i,ll post pic,s from weekend gone and new one,s just to show what i was saying, i,am a newbie here but not to the sat scene , i,am over on uk froum,s like DWZ and mfaraj57 forum and a few other,s just got to have faith iba it can be done ,regards bored_stupid

I do trust you :)

Have to get you to come over look at my dish so :)

Afternoon iba i just checked 7w/7.3 checked now 0% on Oman tv General & oman tv sport HD 12111 H 27500 was getting these the other nite at 34% will keep checking soon as get a signal i,ll give you,s at shout out my dish is on 5w at the moment bein sports 1 HD rugby a XLLL 15.45-17.30 then football and get 100% 86% AGC on 11096 DVB-S2 v 29950 8psk-3/4 and i have astro centre tv at 99% as you,s know early moning and eveng time is best for this sat,would love to get a bigger dish 1.4 1.6 but her indoors said i,ll be sleeping with the dish out the back if i brought one of them home with me lol regards bored_stupid

Ok lads i,am starting to get signal off this sat coming in now iba getting 25% on Qatar television HD 10719 v 22000 QPSK 3/4 this fta and not breakup in picture if you,s want to try fox moviies this is break up at moment going to do a blind scan now see what i can pick up,took a pic of this station with sat name tp & date time to post up soon just to prove it can be done regards bored_stupid

Done a manual scan only pick up 36 channels found qatar tv & HD scout alkhaleej 2/3/4 & vin tv /libya tv /rega tv /numidia news tv / hogar tv /al kitab few other, at nite the most i can get is between 117 to 127 the later the better the signal get,s stronger hope this helps .bored_stupid

Done a manual scan only pick up 36 channels found qatar tv & HD scout alkhaleej 2/3/4 & vin tv /libya tv /rega tv /numidia news tv / hogar tv /al kitab few other, at nite the most i can get is between 117 to 127 the later the better the signal get,s stronger hope this helps .bored_stupid

Thanks for doing this and posting your findings.

Unfortunately I cannot check mine for some time.

Maybe DXHound will get a chance.

I tried again but no joy. My dish probably needs to be tweaked but I only ever got very weak signals before. The "mystery" of how bored_stupied is getting reception on 12111 appears to be solved reading the latest posts on this thread from Satellite UK. It is on Eutelsat and not Nilesat as listed by most sources.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/dish-size-info-for-nilesat-7w-in-western-europe-the-uk.51460/page-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

I am starting to put up a 1.8m dish today in Dublin. Got a bein sport receiver . Anybody got one setup in Dublin. Thanks

I was getting very strong signals on 1 West and 4 East this evening so I thought I would give 7 West another go. I got 119 TV and 16 Radio.

Strongest tp is 11430 V 6.1 dB. But the most stable is 12111 H at 5.2 dB hardly any breakup. That is the only H tp I get. Maybe the footprint has moved a bit in our favour or it might just be the conditions tonight. It's a long time since I got any signals before.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-7-West-A.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

I was getting very strong signals on 1 West and 4 East this evening so I thought I would give 7 West another go. I got 119 TV and 16 Radio.

Strongest tp is 11430 V 6.1 dB. But the most stable is 12111 H at 5.2 dB hardly any breakup. That is the only H tp I get. Maybe the footprint has moved a bit in our favour or it might just be the conditions tonight. It's a long time since I got any signals before.

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-7-West-A.html

I have a 1.8m fixed dish on 7w, I found the signal was always better on cool clear nights, I had a pretty stable signal all last winter on all the Bein Sport channels once it didn't rain.

My sub ended in May and I never used it over the summer, I renewed my sub in August and then I was only receiving Bein Sport 9,10 & 15 all day long, all the others only came in after 4pm and the 11,12,13 & 14 stations (The ones we really want!) were breaking up most of the time, its only in the last few weeks that I started to get those channels without break up but not until after 5-6pm.

When I first installed the dish around this time last year I think i pulled in 500-600 channels on the TM5402.

I bought a 2.4m channel master a few weeks ago, hopefully i'll have it up and running tomorrow and have all day long stable reception, its a monster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thought id have a look this morning. Cloudy conditions in Southern Poland, on a 1.1m with titanium twin .1lnb.

326864.jpg

Finne1993 wrote: »
    I have a 1.8m fixed dish on 7w, I found the signal was always better on cool clear nights, I had a pretty stable signal all last winter on all the Bein Sport channels once it didn't rain.

My sub ended in May and I never used it over the summer, I renewed my sub in August and then I was only receiving Bein Sport 9,10 & 15 all day long, all the others only came in after 4pm and the 11,12,13 & 14 stations (The ones we really want!) were breaking up most of the time, its only in the last few weeks that I started to get those channels without break up but not until after 5-6pm.

When I first installed the dish around this time last year I think i pulled in 500-600 channels on the TM5402.

I bought a 2.4m channel master a few weeks ago, hopefully i'll have it up and running tomorrow and have all day long stable reception, its a monster!

Did you get it up an running? Good reception? If you still have the Bein sub they are starting 3pm games again on Saturdays. Frequencies here.

http://www.en.beinsports.net/frequencies

Yea dxhound2005 4 games on saturday 3pm kick off i got myself a iptv sub works on engima 2 boxes mg 250 and mx2 will be checking tomorrow see how it goes as i had not chance of getting any bigger dish she won,t let me picture qaulity is great regards bored_stupid

I was saying about 2 months ago about picking up a signal off this sat but i could,nt upload any pic,s at the time up here in dublin 11 here,s some pics dish is a TD 110 going to have a mess around later see what i can pick up regards bored_stupid

Did you get it up an running? Good reception? If you still have the Bein sub they are starting 3pm games again on Saturdays. Frequencies here.

http://www.en.beinsports.net/frequencies

Never got a chance to post back, I have the 2.4m up and running, I need to secure it a bit better though, it's pretty shaky in the strong winds and we get a lot of that around here, I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the coast.

The reception has vastly improved but the rain fade is still there although only if it's pretty heavy rain.

By just going by the signal strength showing up on the Bein Sport box itself the signal has improved by about 30-40%.

At lunchtime on the 1.8 I didn't get a sniff of the 11-14 channels as this is the weakest transponder,on the 2.4m they come in now at 20-30% rising to 50-60% in the evenings. The 9,10 &15 channels are the strongest and they boom in at 80-90% in the evening time.

I'm fairly happy with it, it's not perfect but in reality it was never going to be!

I have a Black Ultra LNB on and I was told in a different thread last year that a channel master feed horn should produce better results, not a word about it, I tried different LNBS including the feedhorn but none come close to the Black Ultra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Never got a chance to post back, I have the 2.4m up and running, I need to secure it a bit better though, it's pretty shaky in the strong winds and we get a lot of that around here, I'm only a couple of hundred yards from the coast.

The reception has vastly improved but the rain fade is still there although only if it's pretty heavy rain.

By just going by the signal strength showing up on the Bein Sport box itself the signal has improved by about 30-40%.

At lunchtime on the 1.8 I didn't get a sniff of the 11-14 channels as this is the weakest transponder,on the 2.4m they come in now at 20-30% rising to 50-60% in the evenings. The 9,10 &15 channels are the strongest and they boom in at 80-90% in the evening time.

I'm fairly happy with it, it's not perfect but in reality it was never going to be!

I have a Black Ultra LNB on and I was told in a different thread last year that a channel master feed horn should produce better results, not a word about it, I tried different LNBS including the feedhorn but none come close to the Black Ultra

Any chance of a few pics please.

• Advertisement

Greenman wrote: »
    Any chance of a few pics please.

The pole the dish is on was got specifically for my old 1.8m dish, its obviously not sufficient for this beast!

I'm a little embarrassed showing the crappy mount I have on the dish, I got a mate of mine to do quick weld job on it, and I used a car jack to get the correct elevation which actually worked out perfect for me!

I wanted to make sure it worked before I done a more permanent job on it and since I now know it does I'm waiting on a new 6" wide pole, I still have to get a stronger mount either made or bought, unfortunately the proper az/el channel master mount didn't come with this dish.

You can see in the background that I have a 1.2m channel master, I have that fixed on 39e and the 2 sky minidishes, one on 28e and the other on 13e. I did have another 80cm dish beside them fixed on 19e but it was old and rusted so I took it down before it did any damage.

My next project is a 1.1 Triax motorised dish, I have all the gear this ages but never got round to setting it up yet, hopefully in the next month or 2 i'll get around to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

Nice dish! Do you plan to make multifeed on it? Did you check whether LNB located exactly in focus, or you 100% believe to manufacturer?
    To even more improve performance of your dish (up to 10%) it is possible to attach subreflector, transforming dish to Gregorian (dual-reflector) type.

Yes, mount could be better. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thanks for the pics.

Lovely dish. Luckily where I live the 1.2m CM seems to get all the wanted channels.

Great to see the dish.

Thanks again JD.

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    Nice dish! Do you plan to make multifeed on it? Did you check whether LNB located exactly in focus, or you 100% believe to manufacturer?
    To even more improve performance of your dish (up to 10%) it is possible to attach subreflector, transforming dish to Gregorian (dual-reflector) type.

Yes, mount could be better. :rolleyes:

I spent a few hours focusing the LNB and moving the arms until I got what I think is the best possible reception for where I'm situated, I would imagine the signal would be considerably better on this dish in the far SE of the country.

No, I dont plan to multifeed it, getting a strong signal on Nilesat on it is the main thing for me and as I said in the last post I plan to install a motorised dish, I've always wanted one and actually bought the motor 3 years ago and still haven't got around to installing it yet!!

Thanks for the tip about attaching a subreflector, I done a quick search for details about doing this, if there was something I could buy off the shelf for this I would try it out (If you know of one please let me know) but its likely I would have to make a reflector myself and seeing how long its taken me to install the motorised dish I cant see me bothering with it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

focusing the LNB and moving the arms
    How could you move arms around if they are fixed? Did you check wheather your LNB pointing to the right spot at the surface of antenna?
    if there was something I could buy off the shelf for this I would try it out (If you know of one please let me know)
    Only way to get subreflector is to look for used Gregorian type antenna, you still can find those antennas on second-hand market.

Advertisement