Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Ad. re texting while driving.. [Graphic content]

Options
  • 26-09-2011 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

You won't forget this one for awhile!.

I sat in stunned silence looking at this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Jesus christ.If that doesnt do the job nothing will.I know its only a ad but the bit with the little girl losing her sister/brother and parents was so sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

You won't forget this one for awhile!.

I sat in stunned silence looking at this.

:( holy ****.... This is the ad they should be showing. So much carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

bigneacy wrote: »
    :( holy ****.... This is the ad they should be showing. So much carnage.

This ad was on shown on TV and for quite a while, it also had a dubbed Irish voice-over for the girls and irish reg plates edited on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

This ad was on shown on TV and for quite a while, it also had a dubbed Irish voice-over for the girls and irish reg plates edited on!!

Yeah, but they only had the first 30-40 seconds, which is the same as all the other car crash ads that we have become used to seeing/ignoring. The aftermath is the most harrowing part.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

I've seen about as far as the moment where the girl in the checked shirt screams shown on Irish tv. Usually stops after that though. It's always stuck with me because I was in a crash (I was driving a bike and a car hit me), and the first and clearest thing I remember upon hitting the ground, even while I was still skidding and bouncing, was screaming out just like she did, a kind of mixed scream/shout/cry...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The edited Irish version has just become a running joke with our group in the cinema now. Just isn't as effective as the older ones. The one where the girls is pinned against the wall gets me everytime, that and the one with the car coming in over the fence. But with this edited version, after 40-50 seconds its
    "Did he text her back?"
    "I wonder if he thinks shes good looking now?"
    "Ah see thats what happens when you dont go handsfree."

Show the full version everywhere and thered be no jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

It doesn't always end in tragedy:

Note: For those of you without a sense of humour...I am joking. I'm all for having hands free kits as standard in new cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

The edited Irish version has just become a running joke with our group in the cinema now. Just isn't as effective as the older ones. The one where the girls is pinned against the wall gets me everytime, that and the one with the car coming in over the fence. But with this edited version, after 40-50 seconds its
    "Did he text her back?"
    "I wonder if he thinks shes good looking now?"
    "Ah see thats what happens when you dont go handsfree."

Show the full version everywhere and thered be no jokes.

Yeah the whole 'hey james, my mate jules fancies you' thing is just cringeworthy it actually made me laugh the first time i saw it. It comes across as the way some 50 year guy thinks all young people text.

A much different reaction after watching the whole thing though its definitely something il have in the back of mind when im in a car now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

The eyes on the dead baby - that was harrowing. Not sure if I will forget that one for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

They kept playing the Irish version on the big screen at Oxegen. Everybody would cheer when the cars collided. Good times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

She drives she dies. Or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

the campaign against women drivers has gone too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

stupid ad is stupid.

the car moves about 6 feet to the right in between shots of the moment before impact and at impact and wtf was the driver in the fiesta doing driving right into them on the wrong side of the road?

Advertisement