Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Can't remove unwanted favourite's

Options
  • 13-07-2005 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

I've recently had SKY+ installed. The default setup arrives with the UK channel line-up. Before it had been reset to the Irish line-up I'd already set my favourites.

As a result of the Irish lineup having different channel numbers I'm now stuck with an unnumbered Sky News & Sky Sports1 in my favourites. (Unfortunately I don't have ITV2 there instead, the system was clever enough to remove those ones). I am unable to remove these channels from my favourites as they don't appear (because unnumbered) in the favourites setup.

So far I've tried a Full System Reset from the installers menu & a forced software reinstall. Neither have worked and Sky are stuck as to how to fix it. Their next move is to send out a technician but I feel that if the technician has not come across this before then there is not a lot they can do bar replacing the unit.

Anyone seen this one before?

Cal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

What you need to do is get the UK EPG back on the Sky+. I am not sure if you can still do this by putting in a card (any card at all) to clear the reader (this was possible previously). Once the EPG is back to the UK version, simply unset Sky News and Sky Sports 1 as favourites. Hey presto you are done.

You could also do this by borrowing a FTV card if you know someone who has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

ShaneOC you are a gem.

When a FTV card or any other (UK?) card I think, is put into the unit it seems to reset all the favourites to nil.

So a result.

Thanks again Shane.

So my half hour on the phone to sky was wasted........another score for boards and it's collective knowledge.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

I'm not sure that will work, firstly the upside down card trick does not work anymore and when I had the same problem I put my FTV UK card in and unset the favourites but when I put back in my ROI card the box still remembered the old unmunbered favourites, the only way I got rid of them was in the recent software update for non Sky+ boxes, so hopefully when the Sky+ update comes later in the year it will wipe the unwanted favourites on your box.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I'm not sure if was a combination of software and cards but it worked for me like this.

1st Sky had me do a forced software reset. The favourites were still there after. Then following ShaneOC's advice I unpluged and put in an old (non working) FTA Card and all my favourites were gone. I'm now able to reset the favourites I want.

Cal.

Advertisement