Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Sky+ remote control

• 12-07-2005 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Problem has occurred with my Sky+ remote. Was watching a recording of top gear last night (one of the one's with add's in, from UK Living I think). Anyway, was adjusting TV volume with the remote fine, and speeding through the add breaks, all OK.

But for the next set of add breaks, the remote would not operate the Sky+ box, it would not Forward, stop, pause...

A little investigation, and the remote is still controlling the TV fine (volume, channel change, on/off).
    And when I use the Sky+ controls, the remote LED is lighting, but the Sky+ box is not getting a signal...

I tried resetting the remote (program it with code 999). This didn't solve the problem.

I have tried the Sky button it has no effect. Well, it does have an effect, in that the TV controls are disabled, with only the volume control remaining (as you would expect). So the remote is switching into Sky mode alright, but just not operating the box...

Hot foot into my neighbours, and explained the problem. Borrowed their Sky+ remote, and it controls my Sky+ box fine...

So I'm looking at buying a new remote

Anyone any suggestions on what I can do before biting the bullet and getting a new remote?

P.S.
    I know that with a regular sky remote you can program it to control a SKY+ box. I wonder if there is a similar function where you can program a Sky+ remote to operate a regular box, and that's what has somehow happened here...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Round Cable

I had a similar problem, took the batteries out and placed them straight back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

I had a similar problem, took the batteries out and placed them straight back in.

Tried fresh batteries, no luck... But still operated the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

I found the answer over at digitalspy.co.uk. In their Sky+ forum is a sticky 'Important info for Sky+ users with AV amps'

Select TV
    Press and hold SELECT+YELLOW (2 flashes) then:
    0 SELECT (2 flashes) - Sets the remote to a standard Sky RMC
    1 SELECT (2 flashes) - Sets the remote back to Sky+

I did this, selecting 1, and the remote started controlling the Sky+ box...
    Guess I mashed teh keypad at some point between ad breaks, and set it to a standard sky remote.

Advertisement