Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

chromebook and galaxy s4

Options
  • 20-11-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but how do I sync these two devices? I've had my CB a week and although I'm really enjoying it, I absolutely cannot find a way to see all my phone's data on my chromebook. I'm not technically minded at all and I would really appreciate someone's advice. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sparkles79 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question has already been asked but how do I sync these two devices? I've had my CB a week and although I'm really enjoying it, I absolutely cannot find a way to see all my phone's data on my chromebook. I'm not technically minded at all and I would really appreciate someone's advice. thanks in advance.
    Chromebooks are awesome.

What data do you want to see?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

What data do you want to see?

+1

If it is just your brousing data then as long as you are logged in to the same account and using Chrome in both then it should just happen.

Likewise with Keep and other Google services.

If you are talking about running Android apps on Chrome OS then I think it is is still in alpha or beta and only works with 2 or 3 apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Install air droid from the play store,easy to use

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sparkles79

Well, I'd love to upload my photos..use my Sonos app, my music, hangouts history...I'd love to just sync them up in order to be able to save stuff and access stuff. I can't remember where but I read that somehow you can take a pic on your phone and access it immediately on your CB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Turn on auto backup on the photo app on your S4( set it to wifi only to save your data). Then go to plus.google.com and log in. You will find your phones there and they are upload everytime you have Wifi. Dont forget to activate your 100gb 2 year data allowance with the chromebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Sparkles79

thanks so much I'll have a go at that. How do i activate the storage? 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Cant post link here,just google chromebook goodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I cant remember. If you google it you get it. You need to do it within 2 weeks of getting it

Advertisement