Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which phone to get?

• 10-11-2014 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Time for a new phone. Which phone is best at the mo. I'm in between htc one m8, or samsung s5. Currently an iPhone user but think it's time for a change

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Xperia z3 for me. Had a galaxy s5 for a few months. Hated it..

Is the z3 really worth the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

OnePlus One - stopped using my iphone 5 last month.

Tried Android before with the Xperia Z1 and Samsung S3 but always went back to iphone, I really disliked the skinned versions of Android that Sony and co ship.

very happy with the OnePlus One and its reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

talkin wrote: »
    Time for a new phone. Which phone is best at the mo. I'm in between htc one m8, or samsung s5. Currently an iPhone user but think it's time for a change

I had the M7 and it was a great phone (now using the OPPO Find 7a waiting for the Nexus 6) would take HTC over Samsung any day never liked the build quality of Samsung phones plus if the speakers on the M8 are pretty dame good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

last two phones were HTC, Desire & one x+....trying to make up my mind between the M8 & Z3 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

scuby wrote: »
    last two phones were HTC, Desire & one x+....trying to make up my mind between the M8 & Z3 !

Yeah I'm the same it's between these two now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

Yeah I'm the same it's between these two now for me

This is where I'm at now right now too. I'm with three.ie(SIM only) and currently I have an unlocked Moto G 16gb (1st gen?) , and fancy a change.

Will not be buying apple.

Have any of the experts on this forum got a preference for the M8 over the Z3 or vice versa and why?

Thanks,
    Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

The LG G3 deserves a mention in there too, It's lovely. Though I'd probably hold out for the Nexus 6. I have the S5 but it died after getting wet. A great performer when it worked, but lacking in quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Same boat as myself man, leaning towards z3 but not sure about compact or larger model, driving myself mad reading reviews haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

S5 is only worthwhile if you plan on putting cyanogen mod on it. Stock it's pretty rubbish tbh.

The one M8 and Z3 are both great phones, you won't go far wrong with either. The M8 will probably feel more premium coming from an iPhone.

If you can get the Oneplus One though it's as good as any of them but a couple of hundred cheaper to buy.

Thanks for the replies,

I have looked at the oneplus One , I just feel it's too big for me tbh. plus I don't have an invite, nor am i prepared to wait for it to ship. Looks a class phone though in fairness

Another reason is, it's likely I'll sign up with Three for a 24 month contract which means that the Z3 is €99 and the m8 is €79, which suits me

Still undecided, was in the shop last night but they don't have working models, so it's hard to gauge the performance of them

I have looked at the oneplus One , I just feel it's too big for me tbh. plus I don't have an invite, nor am i prepared to wait for it to ship. Looks a class phone though in fairness

The OPPO Find 7a is the exact same device as OnePlusOne. (Im currently using the Find7a) it did seem big at first but you quickly get over that.

For an extra €100 you could get the Moto G and not be stuck with a 24 month contract. http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=MOTO+G&authToken=

I have a moto g.

If i go the contract route it's only costing me an extra €13 pm more than what i'm paying now (sim only 30 day contract), as i dont use the add on minutes i'm currently paying for.

works out at €312 for the phone really, and paid for over 24 months in essence. I could recoup the money i pay for the phone initially by selling the moto G, it's pretty new

Plus: once i've completed the contract( and i never thought as much about this before until i've seen friends recently). i can get the newest model in 2 years for free as an upgrade. Dont get that option with sim free phones

I guess its just me and 24month contracts I just don't do. You are stuck to that phone then (well at least the plan).

If you were looking at getting the OPO I suggest you look at the Find 7a as it's the same phone the used it for the OPO (a former guy from OPPO heads OPO if I'm correct)

weslers wrote: »
    I guess its just me and 24month contracts I just don't do. You are stuck to that phone then (well at least the plan).

If you were looking at getting the OPO I suggest you look at the Find 7a as it's the same phone the used it for the OPO (a former guy from OPPO heads OPO if I'm correct)

Thanks.

Is this the same scenario as the OPO that you need an invite etc....

By any chance have you link to this, and where to buy one (recommended) as i've never heard of it

Thanks,
    Tom

Btw i'm not a fan of the contracts really either, just suits this time round, i always buy SIM free normally

Thanks.

Is this the same scenario as the OPO that you need an invite etc....

By any chance have you link to this, and where to buy one (recommended) as i've never heard of it

Thanks,
    Tom

Btw i'm not a fan of the contracts really either, just suits this time round, i always buy SIM free normally

No invite needed check out the link below its where I ordered mine.

http://europe.oppostyle.com/#utm_source=oppoofficial&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=wheretobuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I can get the newest model in 2 years for free as an upgrade. Don't get that option with sim free phones
    That's not what Three mean by a free upgrade...

Kavrocks wrote: »
    That's not what Three mean by a free upgrade...

well what do you mean?

What i'm trying to say is, although you're signing up again for a contract, even though you might continue anyway...my friends are being given the newest HTC's etc.... to sign up again, for free

That's presuming it's going to be similar in 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

well what do you mean?
    A free upgrade for Three doesn't translate to a free phone it means they won't charge you extra to upgrade your phone. New people signing up to contracts generally get a better deal with Three than existing customers.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies,

Another reason is, it's likely I'll sign up with Three for a 24 month contract which means that the Z3 is €99 and the m8 is €79, which suits me

Still undecided, was in the shop last night but they don't have working models, so it's hard to gauge the performance of them

I have an invite TommyTheGun if you are looking to get the OPO

Advertisement