Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTA unable to view Channel 4, E4 and ITV

• 25-10-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

So I am using a Sky + HD box to use for the FTA channels. The weird thing is that I can't view Channel 4, ITV or E4. I think there are other channels but these are ones that spring to mind.

BBC 1/2 and a few channels work without any problems.

When I go to the channels that dont work, I get told I need to insert my viewing card and when I put the card in it states they are not available.

Ive tried rebooting with/without the card but still nothing.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

As far as I know you cant view FTA channels (Like the ones suggested) on a sky HD box. Only BBC will work.

An SD box should revert to the UK epg and have those channels viewable.

The HD box only shows the Irish epg and the Channel 4 set of channels are encrypted for Ireland and not fta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Your best option if you want ch4 on the guide is to buy an FTV card on ebay costs between 8-20euro depending on ur luck...this will give u all the fta channels on the guide and ch5 as well.

or you can try add the freqencies and view them through the other channels menu which is a pain...

get the freq here
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

sugarman wrote: »
    As above, you need a UK FTV card, theres a decent guy on adverts.ie seeling them for €5 posted.

OR you can add them in manually through "other channels" ,its a pain in the arse to view them tho and theres no EPG.

Great thanks for the help guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

sugarman wrote: »
    As above, you need a UK FTV card, theres a decent guy on adverts.ie seeling them for €5 posted.

OR you can add them in manually through "other channels" ,its a pain in the arse to view them tho and theres no EPG.

You can't view 'other channels' without a viewing card. A sky HD box that has been paired to an irish viewing card is pretty useless as a fta box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You can't view 'other channels' without a viewing card. A sky HD box that has been paired to an irish viewing card is pretty useless as a fta box
    But the point was already made that if you get a FTV card then you have those channels on the EPG.

So to state that the a Sky HD box is useless is a bit misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

The OP states that they have a viewing card but the channel 4 group on the EPG aren't viewable. So the other channel option is still open to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭newbie11

steveon wrote: »
    Your best option if you want ch4 on the guide is to buy an FTV card on ebay costs between 8-20euro depending on ur luck...this will give u all the fta channels on the guide and ch5 as well.

Can the channels then be recordable on a sky+HD box when using the FTV card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

newbie11 wrote: »
    Can the channels then be recordable on a sky+HD box when using the FTV card?

No....

Advertisement