Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 flashing ?

Options
  • 20-09-2007 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Can somebody please explain to me exactly what this is ?? Is it ilegal ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its where you flash the firmware of your DVD drive so it will play copied games, so yes it is illegal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

No it most certainly is not illegal jonny
    Selling backups of games is illegal but flashing the drives is not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

IrishMike wrote:
    No it most certainly is not illegal jonny
    Selling backups of games is illegal but flashing the drives is not

I'll have to look into it cos its actually flashed drive that got banned from Xbox live and not for using fake games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

It will get you banned from xbox live but that doesnt mean its illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah I'd wait until Halo 3 comes out, when the beta came out in May a load of flashed drives got banned (mine included), ,people are still not sure how they worked out if the console was modded, some say that it collected data on the firmware of your drive, some say its from playing online with backups (I don't think this is the case as I was not subscribed to live when I got banned) another theory is that the Xbox recorded that when you connect the Sata cable from your drive to your pc motherboard and used the 360 to power the drive this appears as a 360 error and is stored on the HD and reported back to MS servers. Anyway u can get up to date info on forums like xboxscene.
    Snake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yep I said the same in the other 360 flashing thread. I see that Halo3 is already out in the open on torrent sites so I would guess that MS is preparing a big new push against pirates..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Anyone know if the phillips DVD drive can be flashed yet? I'm not bothered about Xbox live and being banned from it.

Thanks,

Pete.

Advertisement