Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC Ubee EVW3226

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

AndreiD wrote: »
    Supposedly 500 Mbps is the link speed between the powerline adapters, they should have stated more clearly that the Ethernet link is only 100 Mbps.
    If you bought them recently, you can still probably return them!

Its the theoretical maximum switching speed.

Most manufacturers don't bother putting 1 gig interfaces onto them because the plugs will rarely scale past 100Mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im in the same boat, got them in October and now pricing someone to run the proper cable and eventually chance my arm and bring them back to Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

So what exactly must I do to connect a router to this modem? I can't access bridge mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

Thud wrote: »
    Hi all, got the upgrade to 240mb and ubee EVW3226 but then discovered than my laptop is only 10/100 so maxing out at 40mb when connected by ethernet cable.

Im wondering how i can upgrade my laptop.
    I use it in a different room to my modem/router so a usb ethernet port adapter wouldn't be ideal. My laptop (lenovo g510) doesn't have an expresscard slot so would something like this work or what are my options?
    http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE2782477

Thanks
    in case anyone was in same scenario as me i got the TP Link Archer C9 and the TP Link T4U.
    Tested over wifi while sitting beside router both C9 and T4U set to dual band got me 243mbs:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 7276887e

I have just received this ubee modem/router and have tried to follow the instructions to go to bridge mode. However when i do get to change it to bridge mode, and plug in the ethernet cable to my pc and a second cable to the netgear wifi router i get local access only on both the pc and any device i try to connect via the wifi.Can anyone help me out please?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Recently got this router.I've noticed my WiFi stops working every couple of days and I have to reset the router.my computer says WiFi is connected but can't load up any pages.
    I've never had this issue on my previous Cisco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Recently got this router.I've noticed my WiFi stops working every couple of days and I have to reset the router.my computer says WiFi is connected but can't load up any pages.
    I've never had this issue on my previous Cisco.
    Login to modem and change the wifi channel to higher number like , 13etc and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ratedR

Yeah so I've upgraded to the 240Mb limitless Broadband and received this router yesterday. Set it up last night and was disappointed to only see speeds of 30mb down using a cable, and oddly 50Mb down using wireless. Uploads speeds remain at 22Mb using either cable or wifi.

I've since read this thread and have seen the issue with the router and a cabled connection although on the phone to UPC earlier they reassured me that this issue had been resolved. Either way my laptop is 2 years old and I think the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller may not be up to it ?

UPC have scheduled a technician to call tomorrow as they think its a "cabling issue". I've used a couple of different network cables from the router/modem to the laptop, and I've also used a couple of different coax cables from the UPC box to the router/modem - all speedtest results remain the same.
    Unless it's the cable coming into the house ?

I've tried a speed test on my Android phone too just to make sure it's not the wireless card in the laptop - getting around 50Mb down there too. I just seem to be throttled at that speed. UPC also say that my profile has been updated - although curiously when I log onto myupc - it still says that I'm on fiber power broadband 30Mb.

This is more than likely an issue with this Ubee box, right ?

Did you check your network card? Sounds like what I had, laptop was about the same age but only had 10/100 not 10/100/1000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You could get one of THESE

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter

51Qpe7gX4PL._SL1022_.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

the wireless version is probably more use for a laptop if it wont be near the Ethernet cable at all times

Cheers for the replies.

I've had a search for my network card online but can't get anything solid. It's a Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn. It should surely be capable of more than 50Mb though ?

As I've said, I've also tested my android and am getting only 50Mb download on that too - it really seems to be throttled at that speed.

Yeah, it's my network card just being ****. UPC really should put some sort of a caveat on that. Ah well.

This video (tough not the greatest) shows how to check you're network card speed, if the dropdown (at 1min 19sec into video) only shows 10mbs and 100mbs you card doesn't have 1000mbs capability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihOwRN0ctYk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

The archer c7 i ordered has been delivered today.
    Is setting the ubee in bridge mode a good idea,i know it kind of hands the control over the connection to the c7 but are there any advantages to this?
    I dont really game on line.

• Advertisement

Would anyone know my ubee only locks on two channels on upstream out of 4.
    I was fine for a month or so and now this started to happen. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭duckndive

I have had the same problem for years and only recently have UPC admitted to a fault on the node in my area. I currently have 20Mbs download on a 240Mbs package. It averages at two to twenty Mbs on a daly basis

However their loyalty department have given me half price for the next six months on a package that I was mis-sold. I was assured that it would be resolved within weeks a month ago.I also note the barrage of posts complaining about the exact same issues on the talk to UPC threads, it's an issue UPC cannot seem to fix given the hardware and firmware problems they will not admit to.

By the way it's impossible to attain 240Mbs on two download streams I explained this to the UPC reps on the talk to UPC thread, hence my "loyalty rebate" ! Your upstream problem is indicative of a problem you are about to have. Congestion isn't the issue as such, it's how they resolve the problem of offloading the nodal addressing given the hardware/firmware they have decided to utilise.

Hi all,

I have a weird problem when forwarding ports in my new Ubee EVW3226.

I have configured the port forwarding of ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) to the internal static IP address 192.168.0.3, which correspond to a web server in my network. Router DHCP is configured to start in the IP address 192.168.0.51 so there is not any kind of IP conflict problem.

When I am out of my network (for example at work) I can access to my web server introducing in the web browser my router external IP address. It works for both protocols HTTP and HTTPS. But when I am inside of my network I can not access to my web server. How is that possible?

That is a problem because I am hosting a blog with a dynamic DNS that points to my external IP address and I can only access to it when I am out of my own network.

Do you have any ideas of what is going on? Is there something missing in the router configuration?

This is the first time that it happens to me. I had previously an Technicolor TC7200 configured in the same way and I had not any problem with it.

Thanks in advance!

So what you are saying that you can connect to your server using WanIP when outside your network but cannot connect your server when on your home network.

I think UBEE has some sort of NAT firewall enable and is unable to bounce back the WanIP.
    The only way to use your server while at home is to use local ip 192.168.xxx

I have the same problem btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sadsfae

sharkman wrote: »
    Almost a week in Bridge Mode and no problems to report , initial dropouts have not come back and seems stable .

How did you get bridge mode to stick? When I enabled it after disabling wifi first it would reboot and just go back to normal mode, like it was pulling down the factory image again or doing some check and reverting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sadsfae

sadsfae wrote: »
    How did you get bridge mode to stick? When I enabled it after disabling wifi first it would reboot and just go back to normal mode, like it was pulling down the factory image again or doing some check and reverting it.

Ok, it seems that bridge mode works as well as port-forwarding if you're not using DSLite / IPv6.
    While bridge mode option doesn't appear the hidden menu now works. UPC was nice enough to move me back to ipv4 and now everything is working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, wasn't able to find info by searching...

Is there any way to get into the advanced routing settings for this router?

Similar to this screenshot:

pHrDcQE.png

If not - is it possible to flash DDWRT firmware on these routers? :)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Goolay wrote: »

Is there any way to get into the advanced routing settings for this route

If not - is it possible to flash DDWRT firmware on these routers? :)

Thanks

Not a chance and not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Ah balls, thanks.

Looks like I'll be cancelling unblock.us then :(

Unless I'm able to request a different router from UPC? Only just signed up to them this month. Was with Eircom and their router was rubbish but at least I was able to setup advanced routing tables etc

Can someone assist please? I cannot connect to internet. ( wifi or Lan)

On my ubee: I have active connection, checked ping via router tools,all OK.( i can connect to 192.168.0.1 no prob)

I can connect to my home server from outside which confirms that internet is working, but it wont let me communicate with outside world.

I reset the modem a few times with no help. Im baffled. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Alan3002

Just received this router yesterday which replaced my EPC3925.

Range was way, way better than the EPC3925 but I've already ran into some problems with it.

Firstly, our speeds seems maxed out at 30Mpbs even with a wired connection, after ringing UPC about this we were told to wait 24 hours for it to "kick in". Even at the time, this felt like a total fob off. It's since been 24 hours and it's not one bit faster.

Anyone experience this before?

Secondly, reading around it seems bridge mode is causing problems? I was going to purchase a fancy new Archer router but if there is problems with bridge mode it'll be a waste of money.

Oh and is it possible to have the 5ghz band on at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Apogee

sadsfae wrote: »
    Ok, it seems that bridge mode works as well as port-forwarding if you're not using DSLite / IPv6.
    While bridge mode option doesn't appear the hidden menu now works. UPC was nice enough to move me back to ipv4 and now everything is working.

When I check with test-ipv6.com, it says no ipv6 address detected, yet I can't permanently enable bridge mode - the modem keeps reverting back.
    Alan3002 wrote: »
    Oh and is it possible to have the 5ghz band on at the same time?

Unfortunately, this modem supports either 2.4GHz or 5 GHz, but not both simultaneously.

Apogee wrote: »

Unfortunately, this modem supports either 2.4GHz or 5 GHz, but not both simultaneously.

Cheers for the confirmation!

Anways.
    I might just buy the Archer router once they resolve our damn speed issue. Turned on bridge mode and hooked up our Belkin router. It worked, sort of.
    Dropped connection for a solid minute every 30 minutes or so which got irritating very fast. Not sure if its the fault of the Belkin router or the UPC one to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I was having terrible low wifi recently(1.5MB-3.5MB) with the upc issued Ubee and i just remembered i had a belkin router. So earlier this evening i plugged it into the upc ubee and bingo all the wifi devices are suddenly reading between 40-70MB. All devices still logged into the upc wifi and not the belkin. No need to even put the password for devices into the belkin wifi signal. So i guess the belkin is mirroring the upc as a wifi router so it must have a much better wifi antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Anways.
    I might just buy the Archer router once they resolve our damn speed issue. Turned on bridge mode and hooked up our Belkin router. It worked, sort of.
    Dropped connection for a solid minute every 30 minutes or so which got irritating very fast. Not sure if its the fault of the Belkin router or the UPC one to be honest.

You are probably IP V6'd. Bridge mode has been reported to have those issues when ds-lite is enabled. Is there an option for port forwarding in your UBee? If not, then you gotta get on to the reps here and get an IP v4 address. Bridge mode should work fine then.

You are probably IP V6'd. Bridge mode has been reported to have those issues when ds-lite is enabled. Is there an option for port forwarding in your UBee? If not, then you gotta get on to the reps here and get an IP v4 address. Bridge mode should work fine then.

Had so many problems the past few days. Everything is sorted now.

Reported all my findings in my thread.
    "EVW3226 Bridge mode + Router"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 rezzer

Anways.

I'm having this problem with the Technicolor tc7200 router in bridge mode. Drops connection for about a minute every so often.
    The router seems to work in normal mode so I have no recourse with Upc.
    Any ideas anyone?

rezzer wrote: »
    I'm having this problem with the Technicolor tc7200 router in bridge mode. Drops connection for about a minute every so often.
    The router seems to work in normal mode so I have no recourse with Upc.
    Any ideas anyone?
    how do you get it to stay in bridge mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rezzer

up4dabah wrote: »
    how do you get it to stay in bridge mode?

I have a Technicolor modem not a Ubee. Were you are asking about the Technicolor?
    Apologies for being off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

this modem cant even give me wifi out the back. the epc3925 could give it easily out the other end of the back.

</3

rezzer wrote: »
    I have a Technicolor modem not a Ubee. Were you are asking about the Technicolor?
    Apologies for being off topic.
    Sorry I thought you were on about the ubee!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    this modem cant even give me wifi out the back. the epc3925 could give it easily out the other end of the back.

</3
    Ya I find the WiFi terrible on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

I'm changing my router with UPC(on 240mb + home phone), I am not using or planning to use bridge mode.

Which device is best between the Technicolor TC7200 and the UBEE?

The 2 PC's I'm using at home are Cat5E wired with 1gb cards(I understand the Ubee doesn't work well with older 100mb cards).

Got the Ubee delivered today and getting FULL 240/24 so happy with this :)

Does anyone know how to change the username when logging onto the UBEE please? I've managed to change the password but can't find a setting to change it from it's default username of 'admin'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

Hopefully I can get some help on this. Received one of these routers Friday as we've been upgraded from 30mb to 120mb. Basically I plugged it in today and no Internet connection through ethernet or wireless.

Any suggestions? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

My dad got one installed the other week on 120mb package. On both his PC and my sister laptop they are only getting 30mb-40mb via Ethernet.

Strangely my sister can get approx 60mb over wifi?

Called upc back and the engineer was getting full 120mb (as he did when installing it) on his computer and even he was confused as to why the other computers are so low?

Now the PC is old and running windows 7 but the laptop is only a year old.

Anyone got a theory on why engineer would be getting full speeds and more weirdly how my sister is getting better over wifi than Ethernet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

pippip wrote: »
    Anyone got a theory on why engineer would be getting full speeds and more weirdly how my sister is getting better over wifi than Ethernet?

Hi pippip,

We can check into that for you if you can PM UPC: Reps with your acc info.

Thanks

Thanks Brian, going to pop out with my own laptop first and see if its any better. If not I'll get him to contact yous.

regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

There is a known problem with the Ubee EVW3226, if the laptop has a 10/100 ethernet connection then you will not get speeds above 30Mbs, UPC are well aware of the problem that has been ongoing for months now.

see the following thread:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057372073/1

According to UPC Brian the Ubee EVW3226 is no longer being supplied by UPC so surprised that your father was sent one.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/95157485

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Hi there

So I have the UPC horizon box and the wifi continually drops so UPC have sent out an EVW 3226 along with a splitter and additional Coax.

So I connected up the splitter with one going to horizin box for UPC TV and other side of splitter to EVW 3226 for wifi. I logged into Horizon on 192.168.192.1 and disabled wifi.

So then I then have wifi but its network is on 192.168.0.1 I still have 2xNAS connected into back of horizon box but the horizon box is on an IP of 192.168.192.1 (a different setup)

Can anyone help me out with this setup, I basically want TV on horizon box and wifi on EVW 3226 and these two devices sit right beside each other.

Should I use the splitter or should I run LAN from Horizon to EVW or what is the correct setup, having awful issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can't use two modems on one account. Once you register the ubee it becomes your internet connection and the horizon becomes a tv only box, no networking.

Automan wrote: »
    There is a known problem with the Ubee EVW3226, if the laptop has a 10/100 ethernet connection then you will not get speeds above 30Mbs, UPC are well aware of the problem that has been ongoing for months now.

According to UPC Brian the Ubee EVW3226 is no longer being supplied by UPC so surprised that your father was sent one.

Thank you, that looks like the problem alright. Will follow this line of enquiry and see what can be done.

i had the same problem, I got the TP Link Archer C9 and the TP Link T4U:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94482347&postcount=205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Anyone having issues with the internet cutting out with this router? We have it a few weeks now and every hour we have to plug out the router and back as the internet cuts out on it.

Its VERY frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Automan wrote: »

What is supplied now? It is s horrible wifi experience for me at times

• Advertisement
Advertisement