Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Pounds in Dublin

Options
  • 29-12-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Guys,

We are looking to adopt a rescue dog in the new year. I know of the Ashton Dog Pound in Castleknock and the Dogstrust in Ballymun. Anyone got any recommendations on where else to look? We're based in the Clonee area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

We adopted from the Dogs Trust a few months ago. We found them very good and helpful. You have to have a home check before you get the dog, its only a quick check around to make sure the garden is secure and where the dog will sleep. If you are away for a long time during the day they wont let you adopt. They dont like the dog being left alone for a long time nor do they like the dog being left outside.

If you have any questions ask away.

Another place you can try is Dogs in Distress website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Dunboyne Pound is Just outside Dunboyne, Co. Meath and it's the South Dublin and DLR council pound. Contact number is 01 8026676.

A Dog's Life rescue from this pound and you can go to their Facebook page which is linked here www.adogslife.ie and see the pictures of the dogs currently in the pound or you can adopt any of the dogs in their care by looking at the 'homes needed' section on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

I rescued my pup Kali from DID (Dogs In Distress) - and I'm delighted with her!
    The process was long and required constant contact with them (as I really really really wanted her!) but I "won" in the end and finally got to adopt her! They rescue dogs off 'death row' and have no premises so rely on fostering - but they do do really good work - couldn't recommend them enough! Just be persistant and keep in contact with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

The DSPCA have some really lovely doggies looking for homes at the moment as well. They are based on Mount Venus Road in Rathfarnham. Maggie in Dogs Aid does great work too as do the Dogs Trust.

Unfortunately (because of the need) there are lots of rescue shelters out there to choose from :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement