Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC / WiFi exteneder / PS3

• 19-02-2015 7:25pm

So I bought upc 120 mb broadband to use with my ps3 for Netflix, online games, browsing etc..

Trouble is the modem was installed at the other end of the apartment and the ps3 barley picks up the signal and constantly signs out/disconnects.

So I bought the TP link (TL-WA850RE) WiFi extender to help me out. The extender works grand on my smart phone. But the ps3 still keeps disconnecting and singing out even at the new 100% signal.. Now I've moved the ps3 out beside the modem and it has no issues when its close to it. So obviously there's a distance issue.

Wondering if anyone here knows of anything I can do for this problem as I don't fancy paying 80 quid for UPC yo install another connector point in the room (also moving my set up out to where the modem is not an option as I share)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

So I bought upc 120 mb broadband to use with my ps3 for Netflix, online games, browsing etc..

Trouble is the modem was installed at the other end of the apartment and the ps3 barley picks up the signal and constantly signs out/disconnects.

So I bought the TP link (TL-WA850RE) WiFi extender to help me out. The extender works grand on my smart phone. But the ps3 still keeps disconnecting and singing out even at the new 100% signal.. Now I've moved the ps3 out beside the modem and it has no issues when its close to it. So obviously there's a distance issue.

Wondering if anyone here knows of anything I can do for this problem as I don't fancy paying 80 quid for UPC yo install another connector point in the room (also moving my set up out to where the modem is not an option as I share)

Thanks in advance

What Model router did you get from UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Maybe you need a Long Range Router, plenty of Aerials ! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4cLFyw-k88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Get homeplugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get homeplugs

This.

Oh have not seen these replies till now.

After a bit of an ordeal I ended up getting a new UPC modem as it turns out the one they gave me was old as balls.

Have not had an issue with the latest one, it works perfectly with my Wifi extender and I have been on my PS4 with no bother ever since.

Pretty sure the first modem I had was one the installer found out the back of his van.

• Advertisement
Advertisement