Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Galaxy 2007 brake lights

Options
  • 26-03-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Car due for NCT in 2 days and off course no more break lights. Had a quick look last night , do i need to remove the entire rear lights to just change the bulbs and if so how ?

I know very basic question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If both gave up at the same time it's probably the switch.
    You can still put to test and fail but then it's a free visual retest.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭stef22

i don't think it is the switch , the top one on the boot door is still working. Only the main brake light are gone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

I would check the bulbs first anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Yeah they do have to be removed there is two thumbscrews holding each one they are a bit awkward some dealers dont charge for fitting bulbs just the cost of the bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭stef22

awkward is an understatement ! There are actually 4 screws holding the light , took all 4 but it still won't come off. Something else is holding it and cannot figure out what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there a thin seal between the metal and the glass? This sometimes bonds and you need to wiggle and pull at the glass to get the rubber to let go.

Advertisement