Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky packages - Sky Sports1 Vs Sky Sport2

Options
  • 20-06-2005 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have the family package and want to update to sky sports package primarily for watching Man united games. Should I bother with sky sports 2 or are most of the premiership games on sky sports 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Most of them are on Sky Sports 1.. you'll occasionally get games on 2 if there's several on at the same time (like internationals) but really Sky Sports 1 (and Prem Plus if you feel the need - but even there all the "big" games are on Sky Sports 1) is all you'll want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

If it's just for Man Utd games, sure all you need is RTE ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

most Premiership games are shown on SS1
    the Champions League last season started out on SS2 and Xtra but then moved to SS1 and Xtra

the FA Cup and League Cup are primarily on SS2

afaik if you choose only one of the 2 Sky Sports channels you will only get SS3 as a bonus and not SSX. SSX is free when you get both SS1 and 2. SSX is great for La Liga

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

If it's just for Man Utd games, sure all you need is RTE ....
    Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Wasn't it the case originally that SS2 was primarily for rugger and SS1 for soccer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, golf, rugby, cricket were always on SS2 only but thats all changed

example being the cricket on SS1 right now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I had just sky sports 1, but found I had to subscribe to all 3 as they kept changing things around to annoy me.

Advertisement