Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiga Users Ireland

• 29-12-2015 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

My lovely wifey bought me an Amiga for my birthday earlier this year and I've been loving the experience. There are some new software and hardware products being released in the coming months that can even bring these classic machines into the modern era of computing to some degree - or if you're a member of the 1% you can even buy the brand new Amiga X machines.

Anyway, I've been coming across folks who like me would love to meet up once in a while face-to-face to have some banter, demo how to setup wifi on your Amiga or just play SWOS (once we get enough members) rather than blowing against the wind trying to convince our kids to put down the iPad and play Lemmings with us.

i'm so serious about this I have signed up to pukebook and created a group. If you're in Ireland and are still into Amiga, come suffer Zuckerberg-schwitz with us and hopefully have some good fun :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1511083932525709/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Request to join sent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

....did you get to the Kick Off 2 world cup in Dublin Earlier in the year?
    A500's as far as the eye could see .(I was there with a few backup Amiga 600s and a lot of cables and joysticks)
    (Ah I can see at least one of the World Cup organizers in the group so you probably did hear about it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Shame as i left facebook and aint goin back. sounds like a great page to setup. Any chance of also making an Amiga users thread here?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

The goal is to organise events and since people will be bringing their beloved retro gear there I don't know what the consensus will be on promoting the event publicly. My wife is an event manager though and has agreed to run it (so I can enjoy the retro fun rather than manage the day) so if we have enough people for the door etc - if that's necessary - then maybe we can publicly promote the event too.

You're not the only one contacting me not wanting to be on facebook by the way! Are you on google+?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

I'm not im afraid. Fair play for giving Amiga gamers a spotlight. i love the machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

A meet up in the Northstar Hotel would be great for old times sake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    A meet up in the Northstar Hotel would be great for old times sake.

Never been in the Northstar but I did go along to a Sensi Soccer tournament in the Ormand Hotel many years ago, trusty Zipstick in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ubermick

Ahh, happy days. In another life I was Sláine of Quadriga. Actually bought an A1200 a couple of years ago for nostalgia's sake, but life kept getting in the way and sold it. *sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Wow, nearly 3 grand for an AmigaOne X1000 :eek:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1071&currency=EUR

Who in their right minds would buy one of those, they make a Mac look cheap. Imagine what a beast of a PC you could build for that money.

Sorry to be so negative but what's the attraction of one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ubermick

Wow, nearly 3 grand for an AmigaOne X1000 :eek:

:eek: is right!

Paying for the motherboard and processor it seems. The rest of the spec on it is awful... I mean, a gig of RAM, an old Radeon 5450 graphics card, and a standard 1tb SATA drive? Could build a serious PC for that, you're right, and run AmigaOS via an emulator.

TenLeft is right, you'd want to be in the 1% to even consider it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement