Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit Festival, Serbia

Options
  • 13-05-2007 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading to this this summer due to the lack of decent festivals in this country, I'm just wondering has anyone ever been to this before, and if so, what did you think? Cheers :)

http://eng.exitfest.org/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Sorry, just saw this has been posted before in another section. Still, any opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

I think tickets that were allocated to the UK and Ireland have sold out - although there may be a couple left on lastminute.com. A fair amount of my friends are going to this and it looks deadly - last year they gave out free tents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cotser

Yeah I went there in 2005 it's seriously deadly! The vibe is so unlike any Irish festival in both good and bad ways. Good ways like extremely cheap drink & a beach rave on the river bank beside the campsite that went from 8.30AM to 12.00 noon. Bad ways like an absolute shambles at the front entrance to the Petrovaradin fortress on the first night with everyone getting crushed trying to get in cos all the turnstiles had fallen sideways at a slanty angle-so it was all birds screaming in the crush and police shouting at everyone and then you had climb through the turnstile. If you can't get tickets three friends of mine in 2005 got free press passes by claiming they were from Mongrel magazine, I reckon that moght be worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kevmacc

djhaxman wrote:
    Thinking of heading to this this summer due to the lack of decent festivals in this country, I'm just wondering has anyone ever been to this before, and if so, what did you think? Cheers :)

http://eng.exitfest.org/

I know theres another thread on this but ill reply here...

I couldnt recommend this festival enought.... its UNREAL...

5 of us went over last year, flew to budapest and got a taxi from budapest to Novi, we were going to get the train but there was taxis offering to do the journey at the airport so it was handy enough. 40 quid each for the 4 hour journey. Met some people who got the train down and said they were waiting hours at passport control on the serbian border so worked out well for us.
    This year were flying to belgrade via manchester, worked out cheaper than flying to budapest, were flying with Swiss Air but the flights have doubled since we booked them.

We stayed in Hotel Park last year, worked out about 50 quid a night and its the only 5 star hotel in the locality so all the acts stay there, got to meet quite a few of them last year which was a bonus! This year its booked out as are alot of other hotel in Novi Sad becuase there is some basketball tournament on the same time. But we got sorted in the end. I wouldnt be able to sleep in the heat in a tent, especially when the festival is on all night, so the only chance of some rest is during the day.

As someone said in the other tread, the tents are free and already set up when you get there, but you can bring your own. The campsite is fairly cool down by the beach with a dj playing all day. Didnt go for a swim in the danube but lots of people were and there was a lifeguard on duty. Food on the campsite was pretty good for a festival and also really cheap.

The festival itself is unreal, the dance area is amazing... set in the moate of the fortress, the view from the top of the steps down to it is spectacular... and dancing at 7am in the morning to james zebiela with the sun coming up is somthing i cant wait to experience again, although this year it will be richie hawtin!!

I think it goes from 10 in the evening till whatever time the dj finishs the next morning... on the last night/next morning of the festival the local police were up dancing on the stage with umek i think.... funny stuff!!

The drink at the festival is about a euro a pint and if you buy 5 pints you get it a bit cheaper plus you get this little cardboard thingy with a handle to carry the pinks...... genius idea ;) although it is sponsored by tuborg, the stuff is rotten but after a couple it goes down a bit easier.

On the last night we found a little place in the festival gronds that sold other drink like vodka ect,

i think thats pretty much it..... the only downsides of the festival is that its not beside the campsite, the campsite is across the river so its bout a 15 min walk, we got taxis most night coz it was only 2 euro, plus were lazyfookers... and once you go into the festival you cant leave.

Nearly forgot to mention the women..... OUTA THIS WORLD!!!!! plus there all down to earth and easy to talk to and nearly all speak perfect english

Someone mentioned that the tickets sold out, they did, but they release more i think, plus if they do sell out again, go onto the exitfest.org forum and ask one of the posters there to buy you a ticket via the serbian website, im sure someone will do it for ye no prob

Advertisement