Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App graphics

Options
  • 19-11-2013 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm creating a windows phone app and I need to supply images for the different tile sizes. I grabbed an image off the web which looks fine in the smallest resolution but when I resize it, it becomes a bit blurry and out of focus.

Is there an easy free way to resize the jpg/png without losing resolution and introducing blurriness?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

You need to start with a high res image and only scale down. If you scale up an image it's going to end up blurry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Like Draco says, you should start with high res and then scale down. The exception would be vector images which should perfectly scale up and down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Nice one, thanks

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

And as an aside you should ensure you're allowed to use this image you grabbed.

Advertisement