Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salesforce development?

Options
  • 05-11-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭

I've been doing almost exclusively Java development for the last few years. An opportunity has arisen to start doing some salesforce development work. I have read it is based on a proprietary Java-like programming language called Apex which is probably why I was asked to do it. Anyone got any experience with it and know what I should expect? Like is it interesting and is it the kind of thing that once you get into it then you probably won't do anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pepefloyd

I have been programming in Apex for almost 2 years now. It is similar to Java so if you come from a Java background it will be easy for you to understand it.

I am not sure I understand your last question but Apex can be integrated with pretty much everything so you can work with it and at the same time keep learning and playing with other technologies. It has a very good user community and the documentation is fantastic.

Advertisement