Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SUSI Grant at level 8

• 28-08-2016 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi guys. Quick question here for for a friend.

If I have completed a three year level 7 and received grant funding for all years. Now been accepted onto an unrelated level 8 course and was wondering what if any grant I am entitled too? From my reading of susi website looks like it might only be one year grant that I am entitled too :-/. Can anyone offer advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

If you finish a level 7 three year course and are progressing to a one year add on level 8 yes you would be entitled to the grant, otherwise you are not, but I could be wrong, if you go into citizen information on third level grants it will give you the information, ( sorry don't know how to put a link up)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

If you finish a level 7 three year course and are progressing to a one year add on level 8 yes you would be entitled to the grant, otherwise you are not, but I could be wrong, if you go into citizen information on third level grants it will give you the information, ( sorry don't know how to put a link up)

Thank you blackbird. Appears that he will only be able to claim grant for last year of 4 year level 8 as he has used up his years 1-3 during his level 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You can complete another 4 years at level 8 and receive grant assistance, but the course must be a full 4 year Level 8 course with no option to receive any other award if you drop out early.

Some courses offer early awards, 2 years = level 6, 3 years = level 7 and 4 years = level 8.
    The course you attend to be offered full grant assistance for the 4 years must no have any of these options.

You can study a maximum of 8 years undergraduate studies and may receive grant assistance.

4 years maximum between Level 6 and 7
    4 years maximum at Level 8.

Repeat years of study are counted in these maximums.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Sup08 wrote: »
    You can complete another 4 years at level 8 and receive grant assistance, but the course must be a full 4 year Level 8 course with no option to receive any other award if you drop out early.

Some courses offer early awards, 2 years = level 6, 3 years = level 7 and 4 years = level 8.
    The course you attend to be offered full grant assistance for the 4 years must no have any of these options.

You can study a maximum of 8 years undergraduate studies and may receive grant assistance.

4 years maximum between Level 6 and 7
    4 years maximum at Level 8.

Repeat years of study are counted in these maximums.

That's great Sup - thanks for the help on this.

Sorry for seeming ignorant on this but I can't seem to find that information on the SUSI website. From reading their eligibility information it would seem to suggest what I said in my first post. If you had a link the detailed info it would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

jemmyboy wrote: »
    That's great Sup - thanks for the help on this.

Sorry for seeming ignorant on this but I can't seem to find that information on the SUSI website. From reading their eligibility information it would seem to suggest what I said in my first post. If you had a link the detailed info it would be very much appreciated.

This information is available here but does not go into too much detail.

At level 8 and it states "except where normal duration of course exceeds 4 years" means that some courses , like medicine are 6 years, then the duration at level 8 would be 6 years. It must be the normal duration of the course excluding repeat years and add on years, like research and placements/internships.

• Advertisement
Advertisement