Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly does the grant cover?

Options
  • 22-08-2016 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,
    Im not sure how this works but I hope im in the right place.
    I received my maintenance grant of €5915 (non-adjacent).
    It says (Undergraduate Fees:100% rate of Student Contribution or 100% Tuition Fees,as applicable to you) and Im not entirely sure what that means.From what I understand it covers one or the other,since Im an EU student,I dont have to pay Tuition Fees,but does the Student Contribution come from the €5915 or is it a separate payment that the grant covers?
    Does the €5915 cover textbook fees/uniform etc?
    What about accommodations,I have do get student accommodations since I live more than 45km from the college,they're around €2800 a year,can be payed in 1 or 2 installments,does
    the grant cover this?

Im sorry for all these questions and confusion!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

AFAIK, your fees and student contribution up to 3000 will be covered as well as receiving the 5915 in monthly installments from sept- may.

The financial aspect of the grant is used for anything it covers for college, for some thats books, others food and travel and others accomadation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

rebecca77 wrote: »
    I received my maintenance grant of €5915 (non-adjacent).

As said above, this is paid in monthly instalments from October/November until May/June and is for the cost of living expenses (accommodation) if you live away from home or the cost of transport if you choose to travel daily to college, it also meant to cover any other items that you require. You must get your own accommodation if you choose to live away from home. No other funding is provided no matter which option you choose.
    It says (Undergraduate Fees:100% rate of Student Contribution or 100% Tuition Fees,as applicable to you) and Im not entirely sure what that means.

Means you will pay no fees or contribution as this is covered by the SUSI grant and the free fees initiative.

Advertisement